Sunday, April 18, 2010

Absence makes the heart grow fonder….

Yes, I have been absent when it comes to blogging. A MONTH of absence! And I have missed ya’ll! This past month has been a whirlwind of cleaning up the yard and having repair work & painting done to outside of my home. We experienced the longest coldest winter temps ever. Everything in my yard that was subtropical was dead! So sad and so much clean up work to do. And I’m so glad it’s finally over.

I have not even attempted to work on any of my never ending slipcovers and other indoor projects. As soon as I get back from vacation in two weeks, I promise I’ll be a sewing DIVA! For me, stepping away from projects and then returning to them is therapeutic. When I’m on vacation this coming week, I’ll be dreaming of white slipcovers. Yes, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

And of course being absent from my children makes me miss them so much! So we will be spend next week with Liz and Dave at the fabulous National Harbor.

We have rented a condo at ONE HABOR PLACE.

16

On Wednesday night, my birthday, Liz and Dave are treating us to the Lexus Presidents seats at Nationals Park for the game against the Colorado Rockies. We will take the water taxi from National Harbor, up the Potomac, directly to the stadium.

fireworks_480x200

While the boys will be playing golf most days, Liz and I will be mostly shopping and planning for their new home that just bought in the DC/MD area. Yes, joy of all joys, they will be moving out of their tiny hotel type room in the Mologne House at Walter Reed. Their first home to be:

getmedia

When I reminisce back this past year since Dave’s accident in Afghanistan, I overwhelmed by all that they have gone through. I’m amazed and so proud of all that they have accomplished. They have a wonderful future ahead of them. I miss them every day and can’t to spend a wonderful week with them having fun!

One other fun thing I want to do in DC is go to the 2010 DC Design House. I’m ready for some fabulous inspiration and want to come home with dozens of creative ideas floating in my head.

I missed you. And I hope my absence made your heart grow fonder… for me!

9 comments:

Nita Stacy said...

I've wondered where you've been. I've missed seeing your slip covers, antique chairs and other projects. But I'm glad to know all is just fine and you've been busy on your yard. Have a great time on your vacation...it looks like a fabulous place to go. Can't wait the details when you return.

Joanna said...

Glad your all ok! Sometimes life gets away from us and we can't blog and that's ok too. Can't wait until your back!

I'maNolaGirl said...

Yay - you're back! I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip!!

beth said...

It's good to have you back!
It sounds like you are going to have an awesome birthday! Liz and Dave are very thoughtful. Their new home is beautiful, too! I bet they can't wait to move in!
Hope you have a great week, and a fun birthday spent with your sweet family. :)

Stacey said...

I'm glad you are ok. :) Sounds like you have had a case of the springtime busies. Me too! I'm painting my sons room today. Better get back to it.

Sandra said...

So glad you're back!! How wonderful for Liz and Dave. xoxo

Joanne said...

Life does get in the way of blogging...and that's a good thing LOL. Hope you have a wonderful vacation....we just got back...gotta love it!

Unknown said...

So glad you and your family are having a little r and r... and I love you daughter's new home! I know she and David will enjoy their home.

Cynthia

Nishant said...

I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip!!
free classified india