I've also been painting & sewing. BEFORE ... Here's dining room in Celery Green....I love the color but it did not work or flow well in my home with other colors. See the gold mirror?
After....here's the new color....Palladine Blue from Benjamin Moore. And the silvery mirror. Simple fix.
This blue/aqua is exactly what I needed....goes with my Tabriz rug that has little bits of aqua. I apologize for this rug's country of origin. It is a semi antique, got that papers that date it. It was made in the province of Azarbayjan. It bought it online after Katrina when I was not thinking very patriotically, please don't hate me for that. It is an awesome rug yet I feel guilty everytime I look at it.


22 comments:
Very pretty!
I like the lamps.. a lot. :]
I love the new color on the walls and the painted mirror looks great!
I wish it was spring here. We still have several feet of snow on the ground.
Fran
So pretty, I love the new color!! I am thinking of painting our living room that color. It looks so pretty with your rug! The painted mirror is beautiful, I love it in silver.
oooohh, so pretty blue...and silver! Love it!
Suzanne
Love your chandalier (I know I spelled that wrong)...
:)
Glad you are back...I haven't been around too much either, sometimes "real life" calls! Love everything you have done the the mirror and the blue wall are fabulous!
The rug is beautiful and you don't have to feel guilty! I'm jealous you are having Spring already!
I love the new color and the mirror. Looks great!
Sandy,
I am dying to see what you did with the new lamp you won!! PLEASE show us!
I also love your new wall colour, but I confess I was really looking forward to seeing the completion of the last celery green colour which looked lovely online anyway. Your husband sounds so patient! My husband would be calling me "Decorator with A.D.D." if I changed decor as often as you! You are amazing! Keep the pics coming as they are so beautiful!
Glad you are back with us! Wish I had your "problem" having to rake and clean up in 70 degree weather! Up here in Toronto we still have TONS of snow to melt off. Fat chance!..the stupid ground hog saw his bloody shadow again! Do you have a rifle to lend me? (Only kidding of course PETA members!) ;) xo
Hey, good to see you! We still have some snow left here in Michigan but the weather has warmed up a bit and the snow is beginning to melt away fast.
I'm loving that new blue that you painted your dining room. My blue needs to be toned down so I may drag out my BM color chart and see it that blue works for me. Thanks for the tip.
I hear what you are saying about your beautiful rug. I'm trying to be more consious about what I buy and where it comes from too.
Good luck with finishing up your slip covers they really look nice with the direction you are taking in the dining room.
Hugs.
Sie
The blue is gorgeous! The weather is starting to spring up here as well, and we have to start the clean up outside as well. Yuck! But better now then when the humidity is at 100%!
I like the new color. I'm been pondering going with a blue re-do of my home. Hope you got a lot of out door projects done while the weather is so nice.
Beautiful!
When can I move in???
I really like the new paint color. The mirror looks great too! I have mirror I plan to paint this summer, when I finally get around the painting all the funiture in the guest room. How happy are you to welcome Spring? It was 60 here in Michigan today! I needed that! I'm sure it'll snow ten more inches before all is said and done though.
You have been missed! I understand the working in the yard. It has been so pleasant here that we have all been outside!
I love your new wall color. Such a great combination! You have flawless taste and I really love it! And the rug is great!
Have a lovely weekend!
Jennifer
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
i love your taste. you are so talented. when can I Hire you to come live with me and create magic in my home?? xo
The color looks great!
I think the blue colors are the hardest to pick out.
I also like the slipcovers...very pretty!
Girl, I am LOVIN the lamps! Where did you purchase them?
The new color is great! So pretty
I love BM Palladian Blue! It looks lovely on your walls with the silvered mirror!
OOO - I love the feather lamps!!
I clicked you from Girly Stuff. Nice blog!
The color is beautiful! Your rug caught my eye because we have a Tabriz, too! I think yours is gorgeous, and don't feel one bit guilty about it. It was probably imported long before any anti-American leaders came to power. Just think of the villagers who lovingly made the rug!
Post a Comment