We had a fabulous long weekend in DC/Walter Reed with Dave and Liz! This was our first trip (5/6 and counting...) that Dave was out of the hospital. Our trip before this, was for his birthday, and he was still in hospital, discharged a day or so after we left.
Jim and Dave really enjoyed the EOD golf tournament at Cannon Ridge Golf Club in Fredericksburg VA. That was a huge day for David....left Walter Reed at 6:45 am, rode in golf cart, with all the bumps, turns, and abrupt stops/starts for 5 or so hours. They were back to Walter Reed around 6:30 pm.
I have only been sewing for Dave....he needs shorts modified because of that huge HALO FIX on his leg. I did buy a commercial sewing machine, I've needed one for years, sewing for Dave gave me the perfect excuse to buy one. Now I'm sewing a velcroed cover for his leg and foot for the cold weather coming when he has to wheel from the Mologne House to PT.
I'm catching up with the yard, all the manicure work that needs to be done. Hopefully my creative juices will come back soon.
4 comments:
Hope your creative juices come back so you can get caught up. Glad you had fun! xoxo
So glad you are back!! Commercial machine - I am dying. You definitely have to come help me soon ;-) Doesn't it feel good to be doing something for Dave! I actually just commented Liz this a.m. asking about you! Was worried about my friend ;-) xoxo
Good to hear from you. Taking care of one of our heroes, good for you.
QMM
Missed you- watching your kids at Walter Reed. I don't have your email-thinkin about stoppin the blog gig. But hate saying good-bye to a few of ya' all!! We think of David & Liz daily.... Hope all is well with you too. Cyndy K
Post a Comment