Friday, March 5, 2010

MY SHABBY BIG BUTT FRENCH CHAIR

show and tell fridays furniture-feature-fridays-copy

Thanks Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday and Miss Mustard Seed Furniture Feature Friday for having your great Friday parties!

She’s here! She’s here! I won her back on February 10 and patiently waited while her previous owner arranged her shipping. I didn’t have to go back to the Greyhound station, this baby was shipped freight with R&L Carriers. She was in a huge box, paper stuffing, bubble wrapping, then this final cotton stuffed brown wrapping. It took me at least an hour to unwrap her. I’m grateful to the former owner for taking such time to protect her. She is more gorgeous then I imagined. “French upholstered wood carved chair 1900-1920” , aqua-blue silk was her description on E Bay that made me drool.

100_0989

She’s down stuffed and she’s a BIG BUTT CHAIR! Remember Linda’s beautiful BIG BUTT CHAIR that Milo did over in that luscious tropical IKAT and linen? One of my favorite posts! My baby is a huge 33 inches wide, great for any big butt or 2 skinny butts. And oh my, she is so comfy. You never really know till you sit in a chair, so I consider myself lucky with this one.

100_0990

See the pillow on the floor? That’s one I made from leftover silk from my bedroom curtains. The color is so close. Not too blue, not too aqua, just the perfect combination of both that I love.

100_0991

My pillow... might be the same silk fabric...looks so the same to me!

100_0992

She is very shabby, there were bits of paint that fell off with her packing

100_0993

Pretty details

100_0994

I’m moving dragging this poor chair from room to room to see where she bests fits. Here she is in my bedroom.

100_1000

I’m so glad that she is here, she inspires me to finish other projects that I’m working on. I’m so slow at finishing things sometimes. Life gets in the way of projects! OR projects get in the way of LIFE!! Ha! Husband just informed me I’m entertaining for out of town business colleagues tomorrow night. So got to put away hide all my works in progress, get busy cleaning and menu planning. Happy weekend!

27 comments:

Pam said...

she is a beauty! Love it

Kirsty said...

I heart that chair....

beth said...

I LOVE it! I want a chair just like that one in my bedroom!

Screaming Meme said...

You lucky dog! :) I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joanna said...

First off, I love that chair!!

2nd, what's your email address and I'll invite you to read it. I know I have your email somewhere but I can not find it!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Oh be still my heart! Big Butt has a friend! Yours is GORGEOUS and squoochy cozy looking! Beautiful! And from EBAY???Really?

Beautiful find!

I'maNolaGirl said...

How fabulous!!! I love the color!!!

southerninspiration said...

I laughed out loud at your post title, and she is definitely ample!!! LOVe it so, so much...I know you are in love. she's a beauty!

Suzanne

Amanda said...

It is beautiful! I love it!

Victoria said...

Wow, your chair is beautiful...I think she needs a prettier name:)

Blue Creek Home said...

Did you hear me gasp????
You lucky duck!!!! It is really the most gorgeous big butt chair I have ever seen!!
Rhonda

Shaunna said...

SO beautiful! I just got a beautiful chair of my own...basically (if you can follow this) 60% off already reduced price! Isn't it the best feeling?? Enjoy your blog, by the way!

afistfullofweeds* said...

Iam Drooling too! Love that color! I have found such great things on e-bay!! Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Stunning! And I vote for your bedroom (or mine, it's the same colour as my boudoir!) ;)

Sandra said...

OH, my gosh!! lovely!! What a great purchase. And she has far exceeded your dream! Congrats. xoxo

Ange said...

Some things are just meant to be and that chair was meant to be yours!!! That fabric looks identical to your cushion.
I have just posted about a similar ebay experience involving 2 white slip-covered sofas...such a thrill!
Angex

Stacey said...

She is a beauty and I can't believe you found her on ebay.

Ticking and Toile said...

that is a gorgeous big butt chair!!! :-)

Shellagh

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a fabulous chair. I love it.

Beach House Living said...

A beauty well worth waiting for. Good thing she was wrapped so well.

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Big Butt Chair Rocks! She is beautiful.Perfect size and color.~Kim

Tonya @ lovinthemoments said...

I Looooove that chair!

Jennifer@woodleycottage said...

Gorgeous!!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Oh, it's so beautiful! I love French chairs and this one is so pretty. The fabric and details are gorgeous. She's definitely a wide load, though!

Dayka Robinson said...

beautiful chair.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.