Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back from wonderful Okaloosa Island Beach vacation

Just spent the most wonderful week on Okaloosa Island, Florida. It was a family reunion of sorts. As ya’ll know Liz and Dave live there in Ft Walton Beach now, and we have been planning for our Chicago family to visit. Chicago family has not seen Liz and Dave since their wedding (06/07/08), and have prayed and wondered about how they are doing since Dave’s Afghanistan accident (05/11/09) that cost him his leg as well as other injuries.

Here is the gorgeous condo at Bella Riva , Okaloosa Island that we stayed at. It was so amazing. Our Chicago family has 2 Graduate college students, a friend also came. We had our 82 year old Mother or Gammie as the kids call her.

Bella Riva Entrance - Fort Walton Beach Vacation Rental

a beach view…

Incredible View of Beach from Balcony - Fort Walton Beach Vacation Rental

Great living room area looking out to the gorgeous Emerald Coast

Living Room with Gulf Front balcony - Fort Walton Beach Vacation Rental

The kitchen was amazing, Viking appliances and lots of room for multiple cooks

Kitchen, all Viking appliances

dined in every night buying high quality seafood from SEXTON’S SEAFOOOD!

Bar - Kitchen

All 10 of us could sit down to eat, which is rare for beach condos on the Gulf Coast

Dining Area - Bar

Master bedroom with balcony overlooking the Gulf…

Master bedroom

balcony…

View from Master bedroom

view of master bath…

Master Bathroom with Soaking Tub, Triple-Head Shower

queen bed guestroom…

Second Bedroom, Queen

Ole Miss media room…Hotty Toddy!

Media Room... unique artwork... additional sleeping space with Queen sleeper/sof

3rd guest room with twins…

Twin Bedroom, with converter to King-size bed

pool…

Beachfront Hot Tub and Beachwalk

We all had a wonderful time….the fresh seafood from SEXTON”S SEAFOOD in Destin was amazing. Go now, to Bella Riva #407, you will thank me forever!!!!

Hugs and kisses,

Lamp Tramp

6 comments:

Sandra said...

So, so glad you had fun!!! Lovely place :-). xoxo

Paula@SweetPea said...

It sounds like a most wonderful place to stay. I'm so glad that you had a great week with your family.

Milk & Cookie Party said...

You had me at Viking Appliances. We are looking for vacation spots for summer and I know I'm late on this! Reed Real Estate on the beach in ALA also has some amazing properties- perfect for big family gatherings. Look at Down on the Bay specifically.

Casey said...

Looks like a wonderful vacation! I love the curtains in the master :)

nomo wino daph said...

I have missed ya friend!

I'll be in Destin tomorrow. I will have to look for Sextons. We go a good bit but I can't say I have ever seen that before.

Looks like a fab condo......
Glad it was a great trip-

XO

beth said...

Oh, lucky you!! I need a vacation soooooo badly, but we're gonna have to wait until September or October, when we get some money saved up.
At least the weather is going to start warming up soon, so we can get out and enjoy our deck and yard, and go to the parks. Can't wait!! :)
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Beth.