Monday, October 8, 2007

Master Bath

For years, we talked about updating the Master Bath. We had the house built in 1991 and the bathrooms sure represented that time. We had grey faux marble whirlpool and sink top, grey toilet, and small grey shower with shiny brass on the glass door. Vinyl sheet flooring. What was I thinking in 1991 when I picked all that out?? Katrina gave us the perfect opportunity since we were not living in the house during the rebuilding. We had a partial wall removed that enclosed the old shower. Then the space allowed us to make a larger shower.
I put the tile all around the 15' X 15' space. No more water spots on painted sheetrock. I was all ways repainting by hand towel at sink. Mr. loves to splash water everywhere.

I chose a large porcelain tile that looks like travertine for the floor and around the walls. I priced real travertine, it was so costly. This was a nice substitute.


I found this great company http://eshowerdoor.com/ out of CA. We had fellow that was doing the repairs to house take the measurements after the new tile was put in. Eshowerdoor made and shipped the 3 glass panels. They actually made a 1/16 of an inch mistake on one of the panels. Shipped us a new, correctly sized panel at no extra charge.



The tub deck and vanity countertop are Breccia Onicita marble. I think it is so pretty, even has some aqua veins in it. Look at www.marbleslabs.org/Breccia-Oniciata.htm.




All the cabinets had to be replaced. They had black mold growing on them.





1 comment:

Preppy Napkin said...

Beautiful. We have a bath that needs some TLC.