This is a new Drexel Heritage piece that sits in front hall. It replaced a beautiful antique French yew wood chest. We held on to the Yew wood chest for a year. Finally gave it away, there was no hope to get to professionally refinished from the flooding it took on. Because I kept I my paper goods, stationary wrapping paper, ribbons and what not, everything swelled to huge proportions. Not a pretty site. The mirror and lamps are new since Katrina.
The poor lowboy is waiting to be refinsihed. Finally found someone to refinish furniture. He took 4 dining room chairs and a mahogany pie crust top table that we accidentally threw the draw front out into the huge trash pile. He can replace and make beautiful again. This lowboy and matching highboy comes from Great Grammie of Longmeadow, MA. They sit in my dinning room along with a beautiful cherry hutch that we inherited from MIL. All of these pieces are waiting patiently for a wonderful furniture doctor. I think I've found him after 2 years. I'll update.
3 comments:
Hello, I came to your blog from Southern Hospitality. You have a lovely home & I adore your lamps. Katrina was a devastating storm, I cannot imagine how it would feel to go through that. Stop & visit me sometime!
DebraK
Thanks for visiting my site. I love your pictures. I can't wait to follow along.
Hi& welcome to blogging! So sorry you had to go through Katrina. I can't even imagine what ya'll went through down there, but glad you survived & are keeping your spirits up. I love your style! Thanks for stopping by & saying hello. Welcome to blogging, I know you'll have fun with it. Your home is beautiful, can't wait to see more, inside & out!
Rhoda
Post a Comment