Mary Mahoney's is a Coast tradition nestled in the old town Vieux Marche Biloxi, MS. It claims to be one of the oldest homes in America. It hails back to the French settlement of this area in the early 1700's.
The courtyards are beautiful with live oak trees. It exudes that special "New Orleans" feeling where life is to enjoy. "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez"
The orignal home had a brick cellar, which is unique to our flat landscape.
What a beautiful setting for a courtyard wedding or reception.
They have a variety of dining room choices, each with it's own special flare.Mary Mahoney's Restaurant in Biloxi
7 comments:
I'm so happy to see this Coast institution is alive and well even after The Storm. Beautiful. And very Southern.
oh, thank you!! This is charming!! And I love that it would be so nearby to us - very exciting. I love the screened porches :o)
How gorgeous!!!!
Those pictures are absolutely beautiful! Don't you just love the architecture and landscaping of the south? Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I'm glad to hear that your soon-to-be-son-in-law is almost home! What wonderful news! I can't wait until that day, but until then, I'm trying to stay SUPER BUSY! Have a wonderful week, and keep enjoying all of the wedding planning! I can't believe how quickly it passes. I'm DYING to see our wedding DVD! We still don't have it yet, and I'm getting antsy. I'm thinking about pulling out the sympathy card with our videographer about missing the hubby. Maybe then he'll get a wiggle on! :)
What a charming place.
Ms. Lamp Tramp (what a great name!),
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I loved seeing the pictures of your pretty home on your blog.
I was VERY impressed with Pearl's Place. We ordered the dresses in August and they arrived in early October... way before scheduled. They had the best prices of Watters dresses so we decided to go with them. The dresses are gorgeous and were in perfect condition, so I have no complaints.
I was so happy to find out Mary Mahoney's is still standing. My husband goes to Biloxi quite frequently (to the Beau) and we were both there last Christmas right after the Beau re-opened. When we go to Biloxi in January we will try and eat at Mary Mahoney's again. I, too, am a "lamp tramp" and all extras go to daughter and daughter-in-law....a lot just go to storage as I swap lamps a lot! I am enjoying your blog and hope to have my own up and running soon. I'm just up the road in Montgomery - Judy
Post a Comment