Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back Home

I’m home after a wonderful 5 days in Washington DC, Walter Reed.  Friday was David’s birthday and we celebrated. He had an intensive Physical Therapy session Friday morning, so a mutual agreement was reached not to try to go off Walter Reed grounds. Liz and I went to the local WHOLE FOODS MARKET downtown Silver Spring, MD and scooped up an awesome spread of David’s favorite foods plus this yummy Birthday cake. We spread the feast out on the covered patio of the Mologne House courtyard. Friends of  Liz and David joined us, and when David rolled over from the hospital, he was thrilled with the birthday surprise. It was perfect!

 

100_0204

The entire weekend was great and many steps of progress were made. I hope Liz updates her blog with some of the wonderful things that happened this weekend and these last few days…!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Such good, good news from you! Liz posted that he is now an outpatient! I bet Liz is just worn out . . . and I bet she surely was glad to see her Momma!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear things are moving on well. I am so thankful for all the good our prayers have done with all the sickness and situations going on.
Blessings
QMM

Free Art Printables said...

I am so glad things are going well! Jen