Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back to redoing son’s old room

Last June I posted that I was tearing apart son’s room. Little did I know back then that he would move home in December 2009. So the redecorating was but on hold till now.

You can just barely see the hutch and matching desk below. Had these for 33 + years, Pennsylvania House furniture. Rock solid and survived Katrina. Below is after Katrina when I stained them dark.

100_0013

Here they are when son was in high school, kind of bleachy and pickled.

Well I gave these pieces to son as well as the red and gold Pakistan rug, and all the Ralph Lauren “Charleston” bedding and drapes for his new home in Charleston, SC.

100_0541

Here’s the chest that replaced the hutch and desk that son took. It’s 66 inches long and 44 inches high and has an abundance of storage. I’m planning to store material and other sewing supplies in it.

100_1341

It’s unfinished and I have some embellishments that I plan to add. Bun feet, rope molding, etc….

100_1343

Here’s my inspiration piece from Restoration Hardware:

product

This is a new mirror that I’m working on. My mirror just starting out:

100_1342

My dream mirror, the Sauvignon by Susan Kasler:

Got my inspiration now I’ve got to get working.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Love it! What a great idea with the dresser. Thanks for that. I may have to steal that one ;-) xoxo

Liz said...

Nice dresser :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Nice! I can see that dresser being transformed to your inspiration piece, too! Can't wait to see it!

Robin hill farm said...

That is such a beautiful dresser! Can't wait to see it when you are all finished with it!
Hope you have a great weekend. :)
Beth.

Made In The South said...

Oh can't wait to see how it all turns out. Love the idea with the dresser. I know how you feel, my daughter moved out last year. I was just about ready to take her room over for a craft room and she had an accident and needed to move back so that I could care for her. Guess that will be on hold, but I can watch how beautiful yours turns out.

The Mrs. said...

I have missed you!!! Just had to come and say hi!!! xoxoxo