Friday, August 6, 2010

Saying Goodbye

 

 

To this beautiful girl:

 

photo

 

and my wonderful son. After living here with us since last December, they are now moving to Charleston, SC. It’s bitter sweet.  Bailey, the Lab, was my constant companion while son worked or traveled. Labs are well known to have wonderful personalities, as well as shedding.  Bailey is amazing and so teachable.  James is all packed, got all his furniture and belongings out of storage unit.

 

100_1329

They left at 6:30 am, husband made they drive with them. He’ll fly home Saturday. They made the trip in about 10 hrs, even pulling a trailer, which they thought would slow them down. Bailey wanting to ride shotgun. Son drove entire trip.

 

IMG00016-20100805-0900

Unloading the trailer took no time at all, as opposed to packing it.  I think they repacked it a couple times to get everything in there. Son’s new house has a swimming pool, so Bailey was enjoying taking a refreshing dip while the boys enjoyed a refreshing adult beverage poolside.

I cleaned all day. The bittersweet of them moving? It’s sweet that I can clean Bailey hair up once and for all and get back to sewing white linen. The bitter is that I’ll miss them both. I put away all my sewing when Liz and Dave came home for a week 4rh of July. Decided to just enjoy Bailey, knowing they were moving. 

Hoping to get going on all my stalled projects.

5 comments:

Kim said...

It's that time of year. Jenna has been gone to Houston for an entire year...it sure went fast. We are finally getting Jayne moved into her apt. last week and this week, but she's in no hurry to start living there since her bf lives here (we keep urging her to get her clothes down there and STAY....I'd love to clean up her nasty bathroom!) Two weeks from today we take Judson to Ole Miss. It's time to start clearing out this nest. Hopefully Josh will have an uneventful last two years of high school....don't think our nerves can take much more! ha!

Judy said...

I've been missing you and thinking about you a lot. We were in Biloxi/Gulfport a couple of weeks ago and I was going to get in touch with you but I thought you might be out of town.

Maybe one day we'll get to visit in person!

Judy

Robin hill farm said...

Hi Liz. I was glad to see an update from you in my blogroll this morning. I bet you have enjoyed spending time with your son this summer.
Hope you have a great week. :)
Beth.

Sandra said...

I was just thinking about you this past week! Have been missing you. Yes, I've been down this road - standing there so sad as the UHaul pulls out. We have to be excited for them, but it's hard. That quiet after they're gone - whew! xoxo

Blue Creek Home said...

I know what you mean about saying goodbye to the kids and their dogs.

Alex and baby Mason have moved back in with us with 2 dogs.

Caroline will be going back to her apartment taking her dog with her in a couple of weeks.

You try to enjoy the hair-free zone and just hold all the sweet memories close!

I can't wait to see new creations from you. They're always the best!

Rhonda