Now that I’ve lost furniture to both son (back in August) and to daughter and SIL (their furniture just being stored here at my home past 17 months) I have some empty spaces and motivation to move things around. And find some additional items to fill up the void.
This is a little mahogany end table went through Katrina and I actually hid it away in Liz’s storage unit for the last year and a half. I added some rope twist trim, the wood glue did not hold so I ended up nailing tiny nails in. Liz, I wish I didn’t leave my electric stapler/brad shooter with you, I could have used it for this. First coat of primer and painted the new trim a dark brown to match the mahogany.
I used Belgian Cream and added a little Pewter grey to it to tone it down.
Trying to decide if I should tone it down a little more.
Decided to move this French chair in aqua silk here in the living room. Looking for a new rug to replace the Chinese one. Don’t know what to do with this rug other then cover it up with a new one. I can’t part with it after all it suffered through, given up to the trash pile, being dragged out of the trash heap, off to a rug cleaners, and finally back home.
Can’t wait to show what I’ve been doing in son’s old room, there’s a glimpse of it above the chair.
4 comments:
Love it!! Adore that silk chair beside it, too! XOXO
Perfect, just perfect :o)
I love the table. I've used that same rope trim on my plate rack in the kitchen and am always on the outlook for other places to use it.
Can't wait to see your son's room.
Judy
What a cute table! Such a good size to tuck in where needed. I love the idea of adding decorative trim to a piece to make it more interesting.
Post a Comment