Thursday, November 11, 2010

Suzanne Kasler/Ballard Designs and Restoration Hardware knockoffs


100_1588


Back in August I posted this about redoing son’s old room. Had these lovely inspiration pieces from Suzanne Kasler/Ballard Designs. This Ballard mirror must have sold out, can’t find it online any longer.




and a chest from Restoration Hardware


product


to fill this space


100_0013


Finally making progress by adding the bun feet and rope twist molding to chest.



100_1592 100_1596


100_1583


100_1584



100_1579


Made the mirror using extra long paint can stirrers and a small 12 inch mirror. I originally started to use a 28 inch mirror, quickly realized overall diameter would be too big after adding wood. Gluing everything on. Total mirror cost around $30.00. The October issue of Ballard Designs was selling their mirror for $219 plus $15 shipping.



100_1577


Now the room is starting to take shape. I want it to be soothing, calming and restful. I have more furniture gaps in this room as Liz took a white bachelor’s chest that was next to the bed. I scouring what little flea market/junk shops we have for the right piece.


100_1587


At least the bed is clean, has new comfy sheets, and all the photo Bailey hair is finally gone.


100_1591


Joining these great parties, pictures are linked. Thanks ladies!

furniture-feature-fridays-copy FrugaliciouFridaybutton-1 thriftthursday

show and tell fridays Funky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialPhotobucket

20 comments:

Rose H (UK) said...

My goodness! What a fantastic job you have made with the mirror and chest - and that bed makes me want to dive in and snooze!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Looks great! Two of my favs for sure and I myself was loving that dresser though you would only need about 10,000 G's to buy the entire set ugh! Your's looks fabulous~Cheers Kim

Judy said...

As soon as I saw your mirror I knew you had used the paint can stirrers....what a genius idea! You are so creative, I'm jealous!

Judy

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Love how the chest turned out. The mirror is pure genius.

Blue Creek Home said...

Hey you...I've missed you. I have been super busy with Mason and then there's the antique booth and Etsy.
I don't even work and I need a break!!!

Your knockoffs are crazy gorgeous! You pulled it off beautifully.
I'm lovin' the finish on your chest and that bedding is to die for!
Rhonda

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

Oooh how I love me a DIY sunburst mirror. Im hoping to make one myself one of these days. But that bed? Its the most comfy looking bed Ive ever seen! I just want to jump into it and cover up with the blankets.

Shaunna said...

Okay, this is fabulous. I decided a while back I was going to make one of those mirrors, and now I've GOT to!! Thanks so much for the inspiration! Come link it up at Style Feature Saturday!! -shaunna :)

megan {homemade ginger} said...

that mirror is amazing. What an inventive idea. Great work!!

Robin hill farm said...

Wow, Liz! You did a great job!! You're such a genious. :)
Beth.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

OMG, that mirror is fabulous!! Also the chest is awesome. Love the finish on the chest and how cool is that mirror made from paint sticks. I am going to have to copy this! Thanks for joining my party!

Far From Perfect said...

just cheekin on old blogger friends!! You seem to be as crazy buzzy as ever! Hope all is well with your family. We are in Boston.
Greetings from QP- Nebraska:)

Sue said...

What a really cool idea for creating your mirror! Goes fantabulous with the dresser. ~ Sue

Shaunna said...

I've said it before...one of the coolest and most beautiful DIY projects ever!! And I hope it won't be offensive, but I probably will have to copy this...giving you full credit, of course! Thanks for linking it up to my party! -shaunna :)

Nike@ChooseToThrive said...

Love how your mirror turned out! The paint stir sticks is genius! Love it.

Stephanie said...

The look of the mirror and dresser are very soothing. I think you are on your way to serenity.

AllieMakes! said...

I love it! Excellent job! Seriously!
You should come link this up to my weekly Thursday Making It With Allie Link Party! I think it would make a Fabulous addition!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

vignette design said...

Great job on the mirror. Love how it looks over the dresser. Very calming!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Well, aren't you a clever one? Love the mirror.
CAS

Kate at Dream To Life said...

The mirror is stunning! So is the chest - love it!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous! I love looking at what you do. Now I just wish it would inspire me to do something here ;-)! I guess I'm waiting on your visit :-) XOXO