I’m in Charleston, SC celebrating a birthday and our 34th wedding anniversary. It’s so lovely and reminds me so much of New Orleans, The architecture is so similar in the historic downtown.
Here is 82 Queen where we celebrated my birthday yesterday. It’s in the lovely historic French Quarter and is gracious Southern hospitality combined with low country cuisine.


The courtyard was exquisite. Doesn't it look just like New Orleans?



One thing about Charleston dinning out, if you don’t have a reservation, you don’t eat downtown. I got some great help from son’s beautiful friend and made all of reservations using Open table. Fleet Landing on the waterfront tomorrow night, Anson on Saturday back the historic district, trendy Husk on Sunday, a few down from 82 Queen and voted 2011 Best New Restaurant by Southern Living. Still need to find somewhere for Monday.
22 comments:
You made some excellent dining choices in our fair city. Husk is our new go-to place these days. If you return for another visit be sure to put Peninsula Grill on your list...and McCrady's, where Sean Brock (of Husk fame) is also executive chef.
Indeed, the courtyard was exquisite. the place gives an entire atmosphere of love and romance.
Seems perfect for a romantic dinner.
You took beautiful pictures!
Makes me so homesick for a trip to Charleston, but waiting until it's not so hot out.
Not a post about your blog. I am wondering how David and Liz are doing. Liz posted about some trouble getting support from the USAF. I hope they are both okay. She hasn't blogged about their situation in awhile. Please let me know.
Beautiful courtyard!
Hope everything is okay with you and yours as we haven't heard from you lately.
Best wishes
Rose H
Please email me at
mikelambert@therealnavy.com
Thank you.
The furnitures on the restaurant looks good, definitely it'll attract more customers. It is such a beautiful outdoor living furniture is designed with classic style wicker furniture is wearing a traditional style.
Butterfly furniture is so awesome and really gorgeous. It is fully transnational and likes every one. My favorite is that second photograph, it is really simple but very stylish.
Beautiful!
And for me, closer than New Orleans.
Happy Anniversary!
We celebrate our 33rd later this month; maybe a trip is in order.
Cass
When are you coming back!?
What a lovely place! Enjoy the beautiful Monday ahead, Kellie xx
I was already a follower but I saw that your follower box was empty. So I followed you again and I will be subscribing to your feed.
What fun! We love Charleston and ate at 82 Queen on our wedding night!
Happy belated birtday and anniversary.....just found your blog and am enjoying it so much...you have inspired me to make my own Oyster shell mirror....just so happens that I am visiting the gulf coast this week and have access to free oyster shells.......I guess I need some bleach too, huh? Thanks again!!
Andrea
AndeM1@hotmail.com
Happy b-day & anniversary - looks like a beautiful place!
Hugs,
Marie
Please post more - your pictures are beautiful. Hope all are well.
Hello! I'm sorry to be leaving a comment on your post but I couldn't find a place on your blog that lists a contact email address. Are you still doing custom shell mirrors? I am looking for one for the wall where the changing table will be in my son's nursery. Could you contact me at ginagmelton2gmail.com. Thanks!
Duh! That's ginagmelton@gmail.com
Beautiful images. Looks amazing for the perfect dinner. From engagement rings
Beautiful post and just love the images. From engagement rings
Post a Comment