Friday, June 13, 2008

LIFE COMES AT YOU FAST!

It has taken me all week to decompress from months of running at full speed wedding mode. A little sad as the wedding fun and excitement is over, daughter and son-in-law have had a series of bad luck issues (Life sure came at them fast!), and my life is about to change. We may be living in 2 places, traveling back and forth on a weekly basis. At first it sounded exciting and exotic, but now the reality of the upkeep of 2 residences seems overwhelming. More to come about this.

We had a trip planned to the Cape in 2 weeks, looks like we'll have to postpone it. Hubby has missed numerous medical appointments because of his new work schedule. He needs to keep that week off that we would have been on the Cape and reschedule all his appointments. Health is the most important and precious gift we have.

So today, I'm enjoying some heavy duty, long-awaited house cleaning. And thinking of some fun decorating projects that I can immerse myself in.

But all is good and my home is beginning to sparkle once again!

8 comments:

Sue said...

Hi,
Thanks for the invite! Hope the newly wed's are going to be all right ~
We lived in two places for about a year and I know what you mean. Even though it is exciting it is also exhausting. Try to take care of yourself and I hope your husband is well too.
Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite. I feel like Im in a secret club, hehe. Susie H

Belle said...

Hey! Thanks for the invite! After my wedding, my Mother was almost depressed from all the work that had been done, the anticipation, excitement to it all being over in one night. I hope the newly wed's are OK. Life does come at you fast. Good luck with the two residences. Holy cow. I couldn't imagine, but I'm sure it'll be fun to try! My husband is also catching up on missed appts and treatments due from long hours at work. I understand that health is precious, but he and his boss...not so much. So, good luck with your Hunny, too. Have fun cleaning. I'm not saying I like it, but cleaning house is so theraputic for me sometimes. And other times, taking the boys swimming,closing the door behind me and forgetting about the mess at home is. ha.
Glad you're back! Missed you!
Have a great day!
~Belle

Judy said...

Thank you for inviting me to being able to view your blog. I'm sorry to hear the newlyweds have had a little trouble and I hope everything works out if it hasn't already. Wow! Two residences? I can't imagine how that would work for me unless it was a lake place which we hope to have one day. Nothing fancy, just a little cabin to fix up real cute and get away from the stressors of life.
Right now as I am typing this hubby is on his way to the Beau! We haven't been in some time due to other obligations and I just got back from visting and shopping with Rhoda (Southern Hospitality) in another little town north of here to check out another bloggers new shop. I was too tired to even think about going anywhere this weekend so I'll take this time to get a lot done while he's gone.

We will be back in your area sometime in July (if everything goes as planned) so maybe we can get together then. I hope so!

Hugs,
Judy

Unknown said...

Yea!!! I'm back to viewing your fun blog. Glad the wedding went "smoothly" and can't wait to see the pictures. Now you can relax. Just worry about the whole 2 home dilemma later.

Bridget said...

Thanks for the invite :) I remember that whirlwind of constantly planning and preparing for the wedding and then when the big day has come and gone we were all like - now what?

Take it one day at a time, best wishes for continued good health and a sneak trip to the Cape :)

Belle said...

Hey there! Still cleaning, huh? ha.
Quentisential Procrastinator (sp?)is missing you. If you need her email, let me know. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Good morning and thank you for the invite! I hope that you are finding plenty of time for yourselves and that you are relaxed after the wedding hoopla! I know it was wonderful and beautiful. Hope all is well with you!
~Jen