Friday, June 20, 2008

Where I've been....


I have not spent any time online, haven't caught up with anyone, or even answered. After my week of sleeping and moping right after the wedding, I have....

1. been babysitting Miller, the newlyweds dachshund while they are on their honeymoon

2. started at my house.... redoing Katrina-screw ups. there are many things that we have to have redone from the shady, incompetent, "we-threatened-to-take-to-court-but-could-not-emotionally-handle-that-extra-stress-at-the-time" subcontractors. did not get any where with these bad people, so we just need to pay once again, and get things right. seems like Katrina issues will haunt us for a long time.

3. painted the dinning room a brighter lighter shade of green. my master plan requires that i repaint every room a little lighter. i decided i need lighter colors for my emotional state of happiness. not sure if i like, need to change the drapes and the rug, of course in order to get full effect!

4. ordered above chest from Horchow. i had put all my purchases on hold until wedding was over and paid for. yes, we went way over wedding budget, like everyone predicts. Horchow having 20% off, so i got the chest basically with free shipping. PS Horchow has extended their 20% off entire stock sale.

5. once again praying for all the folks in our country that are having to deal with major catastrophes, due to Mother Nature. she seems to be relentless this year.

6. after refusing numerous paying interior decorating jobs (due to Katrina related issues) I've taken on my first job! BIG STEP! it is my neighbors beautiful home that is finally under construction. their house was completely Katrina-flooded and had to be demolished. i'll get some pictures of this lovely, raised Southern home.

7. still waiting for wedding pics....he seems to be weeks behind. that's OK as he is worth it!

8. paying off wedding!

9. thinking of all of you....

10. waiting for hubby to come home, he'll be off for the next 2 weeks

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Love your new chest! That is really pretty! Enjoy your 2 weeks off with hub :)

The Mrs. said...

I love that chest! I want to see pic of the rooms your painting as well. A house tour? I want one! Also I am so excited you are doing a decorating job! I want to know more about it!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Im so glad that your ok and getting on with life. Im sure that wedding was awesome and took alot out of you... So glad your back! You know who to call if you ever want to sell those beautiful drapes of yours...ME! I love them.. Take care, Susie H~

Kim said...

I left something for you on my blog!