Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lately I’ve been …

100_0884

working on this. Love the leather, love the chair (it’s one of my most comfortable seats) but need to

100_0903

lighten up spots in my living room. Glazing to follow.

100_0902

Working with oysters shells again. Using gorilla glue on this project, so it’s a slow process. Only a couple shells at a time can be be placed on. When they dry, then a few more can be added, etc. I varnished the inside of these to get a nice glossy, pearlized shine.

This pair of extra chairs in the entry hall are getting their 3rd makeover since I’ve owned them.

100_0904

100_0896

!BbL(4Hg!mk~$(KGrHqQH-D4EqulEKL0fBKu)mHq3Sg~~_35

Bidding and won this on E-Bay, it will also get a makeover.

WLD100

Searching for and ordered 20 more yards of white linen. This is picture off internet, not what I ordered. For some dreamy projects.

907

Celebrating with my Gulf Coast region. This is the most wonderful thing to happen to this entire area in many years. Are you crunked?

BLESS YOU BOYS!

8 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Gorgeous chairs, my friend!! And congrats on the Saints win!

Suzanne

Kim said...

I can't wait to see the finished projects!

Stacey said...

You come up with the best projects. I'm just always afraid I'll mess up a piece of furniture. Time to get over it!

Sandra said...

Beautiful!! Those shells are so pretty with the glaze! You are so smart. I'm gonna send you an email with some info that I found on Nick Olsen's blog about painting furniture. Interesting. xoxo

Liz said...

You need to just go get a power paint sprayer and paint everything in the house white in a day......it would save you time!

Beth at Aunties said...

These are trully beautiful chairs.
You are doing some fun projects and I am looking forward to the final projects.
Who Dat! HA! Nobody in my home knew what I was sayimg!!! We too are happy for the Saints:-)

Kim said...

DOTR and J3 looooved Oxford, BTW. I think they're both sold on Ole Miss.

Tricia said...

Can't wait to see your finished chairs....lookin good.
Thanks for always leaving me such sweet comments on my blog!! :-)