Thursday, February 11, 2010

New lamps

Linking to Leigh’s Thrifty Thursday at Bloggaritaville and Cindy at My Romantic Home's Show and Tell Friday. Thank you ladies for hosting these parties.

thriftthursday show and tell fridays

I went to the local Goodwill last week, it was a huge disappointment in the “home & furnishings” department. But I did find this lamp for $4.99.

100_0920

It needed a harp and a shade, it’s sitting here now. Not sure if it will stay here.

100_0922

Finished the oyster shell lamp. This was fun and easy to do. I used an old lamp that I've had for years and my free oyster shells.

100_0935

No right or wrong way to put the shells on.

100_0934

Not sure this lamp will stay here, I’m sure I’ll move it many times.

100_0928

I think it’s fun and it was thrifty for sure!

100_0927

You can see my Tracy Glover lamp that I won sitting on the dining room table. She’s a beauty! Hand blown! I’m moving them all around!

100_0929

26 comments:

Princess Freckles said...

That lamp looks really cool! I know it'll find its perfect home in your house somewhere!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

This is so fabulous...I love it!! Great job - thanks for sharing!

Nita Stacy said...

Your new Goodwill lamp is very nice for $4.99. But I LOVE how the oyster shell lamp turned out. It looks like a million dollars! Absolutely love it.

Nita

The imPerfect Housewife said...

Love the lamp! OK, here's my question - I can't find your e-mail or I'd e-mail you...I saw your comment on Joanna's blog about the Photobucket ads, can you help? I don't know how to get them off of there and I haven't heard from Joanna. Thanks so much and I hope you have a great day!!
Sbams5@gmail.com

Kim said...

I am sadly lacking in the lamp department...gotta get busy! And Live Writer worked great, thanks for the tip!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, have you heard anything from Joanna today?? She is hosting many of my pics that she did for my blog & of course, none of them are showing up. Major problem for my blog! I've emailed her, sent her Tweets, & I've heard nothing back from her at all. This has been hours & I really, really need to get this problem fixed. If I had her Phone #, I'd be calling her right now!

Please let me know if you have another way to get in touch with Joanna.

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

You're unstoppable. So awesome! Your adhesive (glue) seems to be working great?! I wish I knew what glue was used for the heart! Some people I think use gorilla glue -takes a little longer to dry, but is solid like a rock.

Low Tide High Style said...

Wow, I'm so glad I found your blog and that beautiful oyster lamp! I live in oyster country so it caught my eye right away and then I read that you made it?! Truly beautiful!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my kitchen.

Kat :)

Sandra said...

So, you are making me want to incorporate some shells into my decor. ;-) You have done such a fabulous job with all your projects!! Love everything! I read Liz's comment and just died laughing. You may be getting a paint sprayer for your next gift. haha xoxo

Judy said...

You are one talented lady! Love how your lamp turned out and I'm also loving some new "views" of your home. I showed your oyster mirror to a girl at work and she could not believe you made it. Tell me where that oyster "graveyard" is cause next time I'm down your way, I'm going oyster picking!

Have you heard anything from Joanna? I haven't and I don't Rhoda has either. She kindly put a new background on my blog for me and inserted a header so I could get rid of all the photobucket stuff that showed up. This is really getting unacceptable that we don't hear from Joanna!

Judy

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Great job with the lamp... are you out of oyster shells yet?
It looks fab!

Amanda said...

I LOVE your shell mirror! It looks fabulous!

Liz said...

Maybe oyster shells on the marble on the fireplace? or put them around the mirror in your bathroom so it doesnt look builder basic? Just no oyster shell carpet or toilet paper!

Lamp Tramp said...

Ha ha, Liz...Have you seen the beautiful picture of the oyster shell fireplace surround? Don't tempt me!
Miss you ~xoxo!

Blue Creek Home said...

I love that lamp sooooo much!!!

Did you get that gorgeous chair? She is a beauty!

Rhonda

Kimberly Knoess said...

That is absolutely beautiful and I have to confess that I am terribly jealous of the free oyster shells!

Anonymous said...

got a blog about me now!!! woohoo, no more hospital crap!

What Kate Wore said...

$4.99? And you made it look so cool! We do love a good trip to Goodwill or VOA, one never knows what might be uncovered!

Hope you have a great weekend Miss SCLT,
tp

Deserae said...

Absolutely stunning!!!! Makes me wonder where I can pick up some oyster shells now?!?!?! Have a very Happy Valentine's Day with your loved ones :o)
~Des

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Your lamp is fabulous! Do you know they had a seashell covered lamp at Goodwill last week! It was beautiful but I left it since I don't need another lamp.

Manuela

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I have never seen anything like that. I really like it too. Thanks for your sweet note, I am glad I am not the only one that feels like this from time to time... it happens to me about once a month...lol

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

OMGosh...what an awesome coastal lamp...luv it! Thanks for coming by for a visit...I see that we both live on the GULF COAST:) Hope you have a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Linda

beth said...

Those look awesome! You have done such a good job! :)
Hope you have a great day! Beth.

Amy said...

I need to try this oyster shell thing! We like to roast them, so there are always plenty of shells left over. Beautiful job!

Dayka Robinson said...

this is a REALLY cool idea!

Lamp Goddess said...

Lamp Tramp - love your mirrors and lamps. Am sooooo inspired. I too am a lamp freak (and glad I'm not alone). Love all nautical accessories. They are soothing to the eye besides stunning. Question: What kind of glue are you using (hot glue, Elmers white glue, superglue or plastic cement)? Love to know the answer.