Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A LITTLE DECORATING INSPIRATION FROM DAUGHTER & SIL

When we unloaded daughter & SIL’s things into the storage unit here, there were a few things I decided to keep at my house….to make more room in storage! HA HA! Or maybe for me to selfishly and shamelessly enjoy! Some of the things bring back great memories when she and I shopped for furniture for her apartment. In the fall of 2007, on one of my many wedding planning trips to Shreveport, we were at a Haverty’s one day, I bought her a bed that looks similar to this. She loves coastal, beachy things.

5-4590-1833

Then she fell in love with this adorable potting bench, in shades of greens and turquoises. She used it in her dinning area as a serving piece. I always loved it and thought it would look cute in my kitchen. So here it is…

I piled it up with garden type items from all over my house….

000_0002_00

It works perfect for all my orchids that are past blooming. They look ridiculous in their off season, but somehow seem right at home on this bench.

000_0004_00

brought in this caladium that I never got around to planting…

Cut some hydrangeas to hang and dry…

000_0005_00

cut lots of crepe myrtle blooms….

added scattered vases…

and I have a beautiful new addition to the kitchen. And I think of you, Liz and David, every time I look at the potting bench.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this look. I love your ideas of this to brighten your memories of what is going on my your daughter. My prayers stay with you. Blessings
QMM

Nancy Rosalina said...

I love it! And, you do have the perfect spot for it! Good for you!
Nancy

Paula@SweetPea said...

I love the look of this piece. I don't blame you for wanting to borrow it!

Sandra said...

Looks perfect! And I am sure it just feels good to have their things in your home. :-) xoxo

southerninspiration said...

oh, it likes it there!! :)

Suzanne

redpoppy007@aol.com said...

how cute.love it-)

Brittany said...

That looks wonderful and fits perfectly in that spot! What a great daily reminder of your daughter and SIL. I am still so saddened by what has happened to them, and read your daughter's blog from time to time. They both seem to be doing amazingly well under the circumstances. A great attitude is probably the most important step in the healing process. I pray for them a lot!

Far From Perfect said...

I would want my Mom to do the same!! Someday it'll all be back in their home...

Anonymous said...

Your summer seting is just lovely. My prayers continue for your family.

Charla

Jennifer said...

What a great piece! It's a great way to stay connected to your daughter ad I am sure she will like in your kitchen ad well. =)
You have fixed it up so wonderfully!

xo,
Jennifer