Friday, June 19, 2009

R.I.P. CINDERALLA

000_0001

This morning while I checked on the pond I noticed these strange shiny, iridescent things…

000_0002

I picked some up and showed Jim asking can these be what I think they are? We found a trail of them towards the grass, then on the grass leading to the woods Jim found some flesh. The shiny things are Cinderella's scales. Something, most likely a raccoon, dragged her off and ate her. She must have put up a tough fight, thus leaving so many scales behind. We would never have figured this out if she didn’t leave those scales.

Cinderella was a beloved pet. We feed them both well last night.

We think George is still in the pond, hiding out in fear since his lady love was taken. We hope George doesn’t go to the same fate tonight.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh I am soo sorry! I know you adored your little fish and pond. Nature has a cruel sense of being sometimes.

xo,
jennifer @ Fiddle Dee Dee

Anonymous said...

Do you mean something got your koi out of your pond? I have a pond too and so far (better knock on wood)nothing seems to have ever tried to get one. Maybe I just don't know about it. I have a lot of goldfish and I would not even notice one of them gone.
QMM

Sandra said...

Sorry to hear this. I reread your post about them and know you love your little pets. Wow.

Far From Perfect said...

OMG I find this upsetting!! The whole food chain/survial nature thing seems cruel at times. I love my position the "food chain".

PS...Iput your "Pray for David" on my page, are you OK with that????? Cyndy QP

Susie Q said...

Oh dear....I'm trying to remember where I saw something about using chicken wire just beneath the surface (or just over it) so critters can't get to your fishies...couldn't have been netting as they'd get caught, but I think it was something that they didn't get caught in, but sure discouraged the raccoons...they are the meanest critters...we had one fight with our Akita years ago...Jaz won, but it was a huge fight and the most godawful screeching...and of course, just out of sight of the porch light...she emerged triumphant...with a tiny scratch on her nose.

Sandra said...

I put Pray For David on my blog... hope you don't mind. xoxo

Cena @ Unexpected Necessities said...

Lamp Tramp,
Thanks for your sweet comments today. Glad that Jancie and I could make you smile! Yes, she has definitely grown in the last year....she is not a baby anymore.

I totally understand about the lack of comments.....you definitely have more important things on your mind.

So very sorry about Cinderella. I know how much you loved her. So sad for your loss.

As for my lamps....don't you just LOVE them? I see new ones all of the time that I want, but do not have anywhere to put them.

Take care!