For the second day in a row, the skies are heavy and oppressive, as if the oil slick has been dumped overhead. It is windy, warm, and humid…almost difficult to breathe out of doors. I had prayed that 2010 would not present any misfortunes but it looks like we all on the Gulf Coast will be expecting the worst man made national disaster. After going through the worst natural national disaster. The Coast Guard planes have been flying low over my house all this week. Our local shopping spots are full of Coast Guard and the National Guard are now starting to show up. Gives me Katrina flashbacks.
The waiting is just like waiting for a hurricane. You know it’s coming, it will hit somewhere. You secretly “wish cast” it to another area, feeling a little guilty about doing so. This morning I heard a reporter from Louisiana wish cast the oil to us in Mississippi. His theory was the oil will be easier to clean up from the beach then it would be to clean from the estuaries. I suppose this is true.
I’m headed down to the beach to see what is going on. There’s this page on Face book that has great info about volunteering. Apparently we have to be trained as the oil is dangerous. I’m signing up to do whatever I can. The waiting is really getting to us all…
9 comments:
This is such a sad thing. I hate that you guys are having to go through this. I hope, by some miracle, they can keep it to minimum damage.
Rhonda
I'm so sorry...my friend who lives near Biloxi was saying the same thing--what next?
It's so sad that this has happened. I'm anxious for an update from you as to how things are. Keeping you in my thoughts...
it is a very sad situation, I hope somehow they can stop the spread of the oil and minimize some of the damage
Such a tragedy. Thinking about you my friend. xoxox
I am so sorry that this is happening. My husband and I have been watching and praying that maybe it won't be as bad as the predictions. If I lived near you I'd do anything possible to help the humans and the animals.
So sorry that this is happening. We have a house rented in Gulf Shores for the 3rd week of June. It's on the Bay so I'm hopeful that the damage there is minimal but it's awful that it's so severe anywhere. What a mess!
it is a very sad situation,
free classified india
Post a Comment