Friday, May 28, 2010

White linen slip finished

My last post showed the beginning of the transformation of this chair.

100_0884_thumb[4]

100_1289

She’s done.

100_1290

100_1294

100_1295

One more white jewel in the living room. My husband thinks I’m cracking up, slip covering everything. Little does he know it’s only just begun! But for now I’d better clean up the threads, linen scraps, linen dust, (Why does linen make so much dust when you cut it?) and get ready for the Memorial Day weekend.

100_1297

This slip took me a total 20 hours to make. Shellagh at Ticking and Toile was wondering.

Favorite Things Friday_25 show and tell fridays furniture-feature-fridays-copy FrugaliciouFridaybutton-1gitterdone-1DIY-CLUB-inc-button-1-WEB1

25 comments:

Ticking and Toile said...

it looks fantastic! Now I don't feel so bad knowing how many hours it took me to do mine! I thought it was just me being slow ;)

I know....all the dust from the linen is a killer huh? need a shop vac in my studio!

xo,
Shellagh

Pam said...

I love it. I just wish I had the talent to tackle something like this.

Deserae said...

GORGEOUS!!!!! Love,love,love the ruffles! Do you use a ruffler foot or do you do them all by hand? Your slipcovers are simply divine!!! Have a great weekend :o)
~Des

Nita Stacy said...

Oh...I love it..so pretty..I especially like the way it ties around the arms. You are inspiring me.

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Love, love, love. Enough said.

Sandra said...

Well, my dearest, you have set the bar pretty darn high!! This might just be my favorite one yet!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh My,
You did a fantastic job!! Those slips are just beautiful!
Love your blog!
Have a great weekend.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Paula@SweetPea said...

This fabulous slip cover was well worth the 20 hours you spent making it. Your room looks so summery now. Sewing really does make a mess, doesn't it?

Enjoy your weekend!

Katy Noelle said...

Oooooooo! VERY cute!

Lisa said...

Just gorgeous! Your talent simply amazes me!

Landlocked Mermaid said...

lamp tramp-- you are so talented!! This is just another gorgeous creation at your hands!! So beautiful and inspirational xo

The Antiques Diva™ said...

You are AMAZING!!!! What an incredible transformation....
Toma

beth said...

It's as beautiful as I thought it would be, Liz!! It's perfect!
Hope you have been enjoying your Memorial Day weekend. :)
Beth.

I'maNolaGirl said...

Well look at you! How beautiful. I love that you are sooo crafty.

Cindy said...

Wow, gorgeous! I just love white linen slipcovers!!! You did a great job! 20 hours...Wow!

Gail said...

What is your source for the white linen?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beach House Living said...

Okay now that your done with your projects. Please feel free to come on over and make some covers!

Debra@CommonGround said...

WOW, such inspiration! I took the plunge a few weeks ago and did 2 bergere chairs in my living room. I'm not crazy about my dining room chairs, so your work and creativity is giving me ideas on chair slips for the backs of mine.
Just joined as a follower, come for a visit when you can.
Debra
p.s. Shellagh is great inspiration and talent!!

Kacey said...

Incredible! Gorgeous! I am in awe.

Kacey

Tricia said...

Great solution for a leather chair...I love it!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Lucky you to have these chairs. The paint job really changed the look and the white linen covers are just lovely. Got my eye out for chairs like these now!

The Preppy Princess said...

That is just fabulous, I love all the tiny pleating, what a gorgeous look you created! You are *so* talented!

Sending you big smiles,
tp

Nancy said...

OMG that is just fabulous! I am just starting to make slips and loving it and this one is definitely going into my file. Great job!
Nancy

Its So Very Cheri said...

I came by last week to look at your project but was just looking through all of them. I don't see the use of any of our sponsor's products on your project? You are more than welcome to enter another project that has used at least one of the products. You do need to have your entries in by this evening.

Cheri