Friday, May 21, 2010

Another white linen slipcover

Linking up with My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , Favorite Things Friday at A few of My Favorite Things, and Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous, and Tools are for Women Too!, Do I Yourself Day, and Furniture Feature Friday.

show and tell fridays Favorite Things Friday_25 FrugaliciouFridaybutton-1 button logo kimbaDIY furniture-feature-fridays-copy

Back in 2008, I posted this about my dream to slipcover these 3 chairs. Finally the chair with the arms is wearing her new white linen slip.

Picture 095

Pining on the gusset, Bailey trying to get my attention. See Bailey under the table?

100_1246

Arms on a chair = difficult slipcover for me. Trying to cut the opening presents a challenge.

100_1247

Putting the chair on my kitchen table gives the perfect height for working on the gusset and ruffled skirt.

100_1248

100_1254

A simple arm cover with a ballet slipper tie

100_1255

100_1256

5 ties down each side

100_1257

2 ties at front arm

100_1258

100_1260

and she’s done

100_1262

23 comments:

April @ The Painted Cupboard said...

That is darling...Great job!

Lisa said...

It's official! You are the slipcover queen! This slipcover is exquisite!
PS Your crown is in the mail ,Your Slipcover Highness.;)

Ms. Bake-it said...

What a great job! I love the details.

Judy said...

Once again, you've done a fabulous job on this chair.

Judy

beth said...

You ARE the slipcover queen. I bow down to you. :)
Have you considered painting the wood a Gustavian Grey? Lovely the way it is, but I think that would be the icing on the cake.
Hope you have a great weekend!! Beth.

coryshay said...

Wow!! That is super cute!!! Love it! I love the ties and the frills and the feminine goodness!

Unknown said...

That is a really cute idea :) I love it!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! your slipcover looks beautiful. I wish i could sew like you....Kathy

Deserae said...

Stunning! *sigh* I absoultely LOVE how you did the ties on the arms...so clever! You are certainly the queen of slipcovers :o) Have a great weekend!
~Des

Theresa Cheek said...

It's all about the details! You nailed it! I think that chair is enjoying showing off her legs against the frilly ruffle edge!!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

WOW!! this is just awesome girl...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Ticking and Toile said...

Wow ~ look at YOUR beautiful slipcover dear! We were definitely on the same wavelength I would say!! Yours looks stunning. I love all the detail, the ties & the ballet ties on the arms...what a great idea!

I'm so glad you stopped by! Thanks for your very nice comment.

xo,
Shellagh

Ticking and Toile said...

Got your email & I'm totally fine w/ that! Let me know how long it takes you.....I think the second one should be easier since I'll have a pattern to go off of.

I should clarify on my 6 girls....the first 3 are from my husband's 1st marriage ~ so they don't live w/ us. The last 3 are 14,12, and 10. So they're in school all day! I'm def. not superwoman! ;)

xo,
Shellagh

Shaunna said...

Oh my goodness, you talented woman. I'm so jealous of your craftiness. It almost makes me want to try. Almost. :) shaunna

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

Nice project. I would love it if you would link this up in Modern Craftswoman Monday. Very well done. Rory

The Party Planner said...

Cool chair cover! I don't sew (very well) but I just may have to start trying a little harder after seeing this beauty! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some comment love for me!

Jess said...

SOOO Pretty! Thanks for posting this on FTF!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a cute slipcover. That was a lot of work, but worth it.

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Those ruffles and ties are amazing! You did a beautiful job, my dear.

The Mrs. said...

So cute! Hope you're well! Missed you!

Sommer said...

Oh I love the ballet slipper look on the arms and all the ties up the sides. Beautiful job. I'd be thrilled to have you link this to my VIP party today! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/04/vip-party-10.html

Alaina said...

Great job, I just love all those ties. I have a chair with arms like that and I am scared to do it, but by looking at yours maybe it just needs some extra love.

Unknown said...

It‘s so nice that I have found your blog about your link on Miss Mustard Seed. Of course, I scrolled a little and like what I saw. Now I’m your new follower! ;)

Take care
Tine