Monday, May 24, 2010

More white linen slip covering

Inspired by Shellagh at Ticking and Toile, again. Her beautiful ~Ruffles and Lilacs~ post spoke to me and energized me to create yet another slip cover.

Shellagh’s beautiful white linen slipcover. She’s making a second one. Shellagh asked me to count the hours it is taking me to make mine.

11

So here is the metamorphosis of another chair. This is the most comfortable chair, beautiful leather but again adds to all the dark elements in the room.

100_0884_thumb[4]

I took a chance and painted the wood white. Even the oyster shell lamp brightens things up.

100_0929_thumb[2]

Then I decided this wonderful chair needs a white linen slip.

So far, I have the chair back and front done. This, chair back and front, took me at least 10 hours. There’s always a goof here or there that has to be ripped out and fixed. Goofs are time consuming.

100_1269

Hope to finish the seat up in next day or so.

100_1267

Look how the other white linen slip covered chair brightens up my dark living room. This chair and the other 2 armless chairs are new. I don’t want to paint the wood, as it goes nicely with the silk that they are upholstered in. I don’t want everything white, I still love dark traditional wood.

100_1272

And white linen looks amazing with dark woods. Hopefully I have a few more things finished in the room and show the results.

Off to help a friend find some new furniture. No sewing today. Have a great Monday!

Joining Metamorphosis Monday and Do It Yourself Day, and DIY Showoff.

metamorphosis_mondaykimbaDIYDIY Featured Button

11 comments:

Nita Stacy said...

I love the way your latest slip cover is turning out. I'm thinking I need to try this on my sofa. I love having a pink sofa...but sometimes it would be a nice change like in the summer to have it slipped but it has wood trim like the chair you are recovering....so I'd have to do tabs...but it would be possible.

Jut love the way all of your's look.

Nita

beth said...

Can't wait to see how your new chair turns out! It will be beautiful, of course!
Oh, how I wish I had your talent, Liz. :)
Hope you have a great day! Beth.

Ticking and Toile said...

hi there! The new slipcover is going to look amazing! I love that chair!! Thanks so much for linking back. I KNOW doesn't it take a million hours.....ugh. That's the only problem w/ "whipping" those things out ~ huh? :)

xo,
Shellagh

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Lookin' good there neighbor!
Seen any oil your way yet?

Judy said...

You are a real genius when it comes to these slips....wish I had 1/2 of your talent, although it is extremely time consuming. I'm going to cheat and call my upholstorer to get my chairs done!


Judy

Paula@SweetPea said...

Another great project! I love how the slipcover freshens up this chair!

Georgia said...

Great job...and a wonderful solution for me, too. Now, if I can only muster the ingenuity you've shown.

Just lovely,

Georgia

Melissa Herrington said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment earlier- especially since it led me to your blog!
I L.O.V.E all your ideas- especially this chair slipcover and the window box lamp table! Gorgeous!
Melissa

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Saving Grace said...

I LOVE these slip covers!! I have no clue how to sew. Wish I did!! You are very talented!!

Lydia said...

Hi Lamp Tramp, your blog is really cool and good for viewer, you should try to submit your blog in website for free to get your traffic increase.