Thursday, December 2, 2010

Aqua Christmas vignettes in dining room

Everything in the dining room this year has been reused in different ways. The best thing I ever did was take the top of the hutch off. Not only did it open up the room but I gained space to do a vignette.

100_1636

I went out to my back yard and cut some greens and silver Artemisia to fill this display.

100_1618

100_1624

I used a glass cake plate, a silver tray on top of that, then a silver vase. This gave the necessary height.

100_1637

I got out old family silver candlesticks and even polished them! Put on crystal bobeches and dropped some plastic beads that I’ve had for years.

100_1621

I’ve had these angels for many years, 20 or so. Last year I painted them in shades of aqua and they sat on top of the hutch top with a swag.

This year I’ve used them on the table.

100_1634

100_1639

100_1635

And there is the swag that always went on the hutch top in it’s new location this year. It actually stands out so much more against the transom.

100_1640

Very happy to change things up a little this year without spending a dime.

Thanks Rhoda for hosting the vignette party this year.

17 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Just beautiful! I am really loving the popularity of this aqua this year. It seemed lime green was all over last year and this year is aqua's turn!

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

STUNNING! I love everything here!

Judy said...

This is the prettiest use of aqua and silver I've seen yet. Stunning!

Judy

Jen said...

Absolutely Amazing!

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Oh my gosh, just beautiful! I loved your mantel yesterday, but your vignettes are just beautiful! I'm so in love with your color scheme and I would never have thought to take some of my angels and paint them aqua. I can't wait to finish moving and to be able to decorate next year! Thanks for being such a big inspiration and thank you for stopping by for a visit!
Hugz,
Kim

Kim said...

Can you come over to my house?

Paula@SweetPea said...

It's great that you used what you had and simply switched it around. I love how you used Artmesia from your yard with the aqua. It looks great!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Gorgeous!! It is all simply gorgeous! Love the garland over the transom, and those angels!

SO pretty!

Lou Cinda

Unknown said...

I like all the aqua. Beautiful! I really like your mirror, too.

Deserae said...

Be still my heart! Your dining room is absolutely STUNNING!!!! I drool on my keyboard everytime I see your clam shell mirror.....it is so beautiful :o) Love,love,love your little Christmas stockings too.....they are so darling!!! Everything is just gorgeous!!!!!!!!
~Des

Amy@HomeRemediesRX said...

I'm loving the touches of aqua mixed with the silver...and what a gorgeous garland above your doorway. Beautiful!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Gorgeous! Everything looks really lovely! Angie xo

Completely Coastal said...

So very festive..., I'm loving the combination aqua with green!!!

And thanks for your response on the cleaning of the oysters..., I actually saw that post. I just really would like to find a way to clean shells like that without a ton of bleach. Drying them out in the oven or perhaps in the sun even?! With the shells I pick up on the beach I've never had a smelly problem, this seems to be an issue specific to shells from restaurants or fishing industry.

Maya @ Completely Coastal

Laura said...

What beautiful colors you have chosen.
Everything looks lovely.
I linked to the same party.

Enjoyed visiting,

Laura
White Spray Paint

Leo said...

Wow - I love all of your decorations. The colors are amazing... Especially the angels. That is a gorgeous oyster shell frame I see peeking out in one of the photos.

Amy Kinser said...

The aqua and silver are so pretty!

Pamela said...

Love the aqua mixed in. Your home is beautifully decorated.