Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas mantel

I made this “cascading garland” by cutting lengths of a third garland and wiring them to the other two garlands.

100_1613

 

100_1610 

I used glass bead sticks that are slightly pink, glittery stars, and aqua balls.

100_1606 

  

It’s simple. The cascading effect makes it full.

100_1612100_1616

The Lettered Cottage

13 comments:

Judy said...

So pretty and perfect for your home. I think I remember you making those stocking a couple of years ago? I really wanted to do the aqua, white and copper thing in the den this year but kept my traditional reds & greens...BUT I did get in the white & green in my dining room which I will be posting later this week.

Judy

Maggie Lamarre said...

ooooh I luv the colour scheme, very elegant :)
visit me sometimes at
http://passionatelyartistic.com
Maggie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the colors you used! I have a similar blue in my bedroom so I did a few blue and silver ornaments in a decorative box {with the lid up} on my dresser.

Nita Stacy said...

Love the cascading effect! Love when you post your projects, they are always so creative.

Kim said...

Love it!

Paula@SweetPea said...

Beautiful! I love how you made your garland cascade. I also love your color scheme.

southerninspiration said...

So pretty!!!! Love the color scheme as well....
And those stockings!!! ;D

Suzanne

southerninspiration said...

So pretty!!!! Love the color scheme as well....
And those stockings!!! ;D

Suzanne

Anna said...

your garland looks so pretty, I love the aqua balls and your stockings

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

I love the colors, so elegant.

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Looks very fun! Darling stockings, to cute.~Cheers Kim

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Your mantel looks so beautiful, I love the combination of colors you used. I can't wait to do something similar at our new house next year. For now we will stay with the traditional look of our Candy Cane Lane Mantel. Thank you for sharing!
Hugz,
Kim

PCovi said...

I love the shape of those stockings! Also love the aqua :) element of surprise!