Friday, December 10, 2010

Kingston Charleston chest for son’s bedroom redo

All you ladies that find awesome furniture at Goodwill, thrift stores, yard sales, or on Craig’s  list are so lucky. I’m quite envious when I see all the great deals that are rehabbed and look spectacular here on Furniture Feature Friday.

You see it’s not possible to find decent used furniture anywhere here in my area. Why? Of course, Katrina! Katrina completely wiped out the used furniture market. Yes, we get antiques shipped in from all over, but those are usually way too expensive.

I’ve searched and searched for the right size chest to go next to son’s bed, E Bay, Craig’s list, and new online. Finally found this chest from Ultimate Accents and ordered it from Mercantila for almost half then the first price I saw. To my surprise, it was delivered within 2 weeks from ordering it online.

Here’s the online picture. I loved the detail on the side.

You can’t see that detail where I’ve put the chest in the room. Now I think I’ll have to rearrange the entire room.

100_1737

100_1738

I love the lines of the chest but not the so fake distressing. See what I mean?

100_1736

So I’ll be rehabbing my new chest, rearranging the entire room,  taking the bed apart and painting it for the 6th time. I don’t know if I’ll ever finish this room!

Joining Miss Mustard Seed for Furniture Feature Friday and Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your chest it is really nice. I love this kind of stuff in my home too.

Leo said...

This chest is so pretty. Love it.

bichonpawz said...

I think your new chest is just beautiful! You have a terrific sense of style!!

Between Blue and Yellow said...

That's too bad you aren't able to find any furniture in your area, but that chest is beautiful! Nice choice :)

Robin hill farm said...

The new chest is beautiful! I know what you mean about the fake distressing, though. I have the Pottery Barn Harvest dining table, and I love it, but the distressing on it drives me crazy! Can't wait to see the new chest after you have worked your magic on it. :)
Hope you are having a happy holiday season!
Beth.

nomo wino daph said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hey Friend, I can't reply back to your comments. Will you please email me at flipflopsandpearls AT gmail.com

XXOO

Nita Stacy said...

I love this chest! I never thought about there not being any old furniture there because of Katrina...how terrible. But this is a beauty. Also sounds like you need to make a road trip to do some thrifting.

Free Art Printables said...

I have to agree the shape is great, but they overly distressed it! You have a fanatastic eye!