Sunday, December 7, 2008

So I had great plans...

of getting some more Christmas decorating done today. But instead I've got my sweet MIL here. I'm basically babysitting her, easier to do at my house rather then me sitting at her house. I have to take her to a neurologist on Tuesday for follow up. Husband was told that she has dementia, twice while at hospital last week. We need to find out out how severe the dementia is. I've got her reports to bring to neurologist and they don't look good. Too much white brain matter, etc. I hope to get some HAPPY pictures and POSTS soon. I know that no one wants to read this sad stuff. But just hang in there with me, until I have a little free time of my own!

12 comments:

Mom in High Heels said...

Oh, you poor thing. And your poor dh. This must be so hard on him. I wish you all the best and hope things get better.

Liz said...

Hang in there Moo! Maybe it won't last much longer.....

Maggie said...

Hard times. My mom has dementia. It's awful to see someone go from really sharp to struggling for the right word.

Wifer said...

Sending you prayers and hugs.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Oh my goodness...hang in there...my mother suffers from dementia and it can be VERY trying.

Sandra said...

Hugs from a BF :)

Hopechest Bride said...

Sad times or not, always share. Sharing means more praying. I'll continue to pray for you.
Blessings
Lisa

Far From Perfect said...

Thinking about you. Hugs!

Landlocked Mermaid said...

You are so sweet to take such good care of her. .. there is always online shopping, while you keep each other company xo

Joanna said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers...My mother passed away this past October and one of the things she had was dementia. It's horrible to see a person live like this. I wish your the best!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you and your hubby are having to go through all of this! I am praying for you guys and hope that things will get better soon.
Hugs,
Jen

Belle said...

I'm so sorry. I'm thinking of you all. Good luck.

much love,
Belle