Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mother of the Bride Great Debate Update

After many emails and countless hours online long distance with daughter, we think we have found my dress. The wedding is very very casual in style so we will all be dressed accordingly. Men are in Navy blazers, Vineyard Vines ties, and kahkis, bridesmaids in green and white seesucker dresses from Vineyard Vines with Jack Rogers sandals. Obviously the Moms can't be in the typical Mother of the Bride/Groom georgette flowy dresses. Not that we would anyways....Ha! Here's is what we both love for me. This is a cotton eyelet Nanette Lepore " La Dolce Vita" dress in 3 color choices. Now we have to commit to the color. White is out, I love both the Navy and the Poppy Red. Daughter wants me in the Poppy Red. Red looks good on me, with dark brown hair and blue, blue eyes. Do I dare do the red?





13 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the red and think it'll look great. It'll keep you from blending in with the wedding party. The dress is just fabulous. Love the style.
~Jen

Judy said...

Hey Sandi! I think the red dress would look great on you and will blend beautifully with the wedding party. Plus, you can wear it later for other things.
Your story about your premonitions is scary! I think all of us have that little "voice" but we choose to ignore it. The day my dad died in 1980 I had a premonition about him. Then a week later after the funeral I actually saw him on my front porch! I know some folks think this is nuts but I've always been a great believer in your "gut" feeling and it's always served me well. And I've always known by that little voice when something was wrong with my kids.
Weather turned off cold today and I'm hoping next week Savannah will be more spring-like.
Good luck in Shreveport/Dallas and happy shoe shopping!
Judy

Preppy Lizard said...

LOVE IT! I vote for the Poppy Red too. Great color

Cena @ Unexpected Necessities said...

LOVE the red.

Liz said...

What about the shoes we decided on?

The Mrs. said...

I love the red. I think it goes with how festive the wedding is!!!! You're going to look great!!!

Fran said...

Definitely the red dress!

Preppy Napkin said...

GO RED!

so tired said...

Definitely the red!

Belle said...

Oh, the red. Definitley. You'll look gorgeous!

Kim said...

I love them both!

Anonymous said...

I just ran across your blog while googling "giada asparagus" (go figure) and while I'm not a regular reader, I vote red, too. Gorgeous! Sounds like it will be a lovely wedding.

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

I love them both!