Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy Mardi Gras, Y'All!

HAPPY MARDI GRAS! No, I haven't been celebrating the last week but working in the yard. Almost every day....this is our big spring clean up time. The leaves from the Water Oaks are just about finished falling. They are tiny little leaves that are too difficult to rake. I use the lawn mower to bag them and also a leaf vacuum that kills my back.
Above is the remaining 14 foot wide clump of umbrella plant that I still have to cut down. Umbrella plant is the only thing that we have left to give privacy in backyard since Katrina. My husband went crazy and planted new clumps ervery where. But when we have a freeze, it all has to be cut down.

Above picture is just a couple of small clumps waiting to go out to my wonderful trash service. I love my trash men and regularly tip them. They take my garden debris and I am careful to wrap it up or bag it.


I I treated myself to some new house flowers after all the yard work. I love orchids! Look familar, Preppy Napkin?

Another beautiful yellow orchid in the living room.


A cyclamin in the sunroom. Sorry to have been out of pocket. Looking forward to daughter's new post. She picked up the WEDDING INVITATIONS today. She is so happy with them. She said Denelle at Mint Julip Papperie told her that she could use parts of the plate to have personalized stationary made. Can't wait to see them!









5 comments:

Judy said...

Hey Sandi! I was so pleased to see your comment today...I have had you on my mind and hoped that you were okay. I see now you've been a busy girl in your yard. I haven't started doing anything in mine yet but I have some ideas for some changes and new plantings. Wait a minute....isn't my husband a landscaper??!! Well, I do enjoy doing things around here and he is usually too pooped to help except for mowing, blowing stuff around, and listening to my "wish list" of yard work. Maybe I'll hire a new "yard boy"!

Happy Mardi Gras! Judy

Jennifer said...

Can't wait to see what all you do in your yard! The Orchids are just beautiful! Thay are definitely a favorite flower around here. Those are just beautiful! It is wonderful that you have had the weather to work in the yard this week. We had one nice day and now we are waiting for the storms! Enjoy the rest of your week.

~Jen

Belle said...

Whew! I don't even want to start thinking about yard clean up! After the rain last night, our back yard looks like a pond. Your flowers are beautiful! I'm so glad your back. :)

Liz said...

That looks like MY green Pottery Barn pot that flower is in!!!

Preppy Napkin said...

Looks great in the cachepot!