Joining Cindy at Show & Tell Friday
I’ve had these 4 paper angels for many years, adding different colors of paint to them through the years. I still wanted to use them in the dining room, since that’s where I put my ceramic Nativity set. And the angels just have to go the the Nativity set. Since i re-re-re-re-painted the dining room last spring in Palladine Blue from Benjamin Moore, the angels had to be updated to match.
The 2 larger angels on top of the hutch….
and 2 smaller angels on the table.
I did have to take this entire garland apart to find the culprit ….1 of the 3 strands needed new fuses. An easy fix but only after everything was taken off.
I used a dark pearlized turquoise and a the paler aqua was made from adding white to same turquoise.
Got to hide, tuck that cord behind the hutch some how.
The ball ornaments are Martha Stewart collection, they look baby blue in my pictures but they are really the pale aqua matte.
Added pearl sticks…
crystal grapes….
and crystal snowflakes
Almost done decorating. It’s an exciting Christmas here….My heart is full of joy since Liz & Dave will be here for 2 weeks, 2 weeks away from Walter Reed! And son will be home also. What could be better?
9 comments:
Lovely, my friend....just lovely!
suzanne
Sooo beautiful! And I love that blue on your walls. Very pretty! And I'm so glad you get to see your family soon. There really isn't anything better. :) Have a great day!! Beth.
I am so glad you will be able to have such a wonderful Christmas together with your whole family!
You "lighted" garland looks beautiful.
Fran
It looks so pretty! I love the color co-ordination you have going. I am addicted to traditional Christmas colors, but everytime I see a room fixed up like this I want to rethink traditional!
Have a great weekend,
Jennifer
I'm trying to fix your link. Is it the one titled "A Few of my Favorite things"? You can send me an email to cindy95131@yahoo.com and let me know.
Looking very pretty around your place for Christmas!!
Linda
It's beautiful, but not as beautiful as your heart right now as you wait for your family to get home!! Hugs to all of you! xoxoxo
I love the new colors on the angels.
They look great in the d.r. with all the whites, clears, and pearl things. Very pretty!
Rhonda
Beautiful! I love how you updated your angels.
Post a Comment