Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Eve

 

On Christmas Eve, we held an Open House for family and friends. Getting the table set up before people arrive.

   

100_0664

100_0665 

100_0667

 

 

100_0666

The Shrimp Remoulade Amuse~Bouche was a hit.

100_0662

100_0663

100_0669

100_0670 

100_0671

100_0672

100_0673

100_0674

At the end of the night, when there were just a few family and friends left, David had a special surprise for Liz.

100_0675 

There was a smaller box inside this box

100_0676

100_0676

David bought this a month ago in DC, somehow hid it from Liz, smuggled it on the airplane in his backpack (with a few intense moments going through airport security)

100_0677

100_0678

All Liz could say was “Oh MY GOD!”

100_0679

100_0680

Shedding a few tears

100_0681

A BIG Platinum  Princess cut diamond  ring

100_0682

She was so shocked!

100_0683

She couldn’t believe David hid it from her all this time

100_0684

100_0685

Passing the ring around for all to see

100_0686

Liz still in shock

100_0687

100_0688

It was a wonderful Christmas Eve!

9 comments:

beth said...

Your dining table looked great! Love the blue and white! Looks like everyone had a good time. I just love the look on Liz's face when she finds that ring! What a sweet surprise.
Hope you have a great day, and a Happy New Year! Beth. :)

Sandra said...

First - you did a great job with the decorations and festivities.
Second - He knows. Yes, David knows how wonderful Liz is to be the wife, friend, and soldier that she is. He knows and that makes all she has endured worth it. So glad he knows. Love! xoxo

Little Lizard King said...

What a sweetheart! We'd love to see a close-up of the pretty ring! Liz and David are so very lucky to have each other!

Paula@SweetPea said...

That Dave is something else! We do indeed need to see the ring.

Your table looked so nice for Christmas Eve.

Preppy Lizard said...

I got tears in my eyes seeing those pictures of your daughter opening that gift. Looks like your family had an absolutely amazing Christmas and everything looked beautiful!!
Happy New Year!

Lady Katherine said...

I love the table setting, and the joy of the ring.
PS I live in Mississippi

Sandra said...

One more comment: Liz looks so Kate Spade in her outfit. I love the brightly colored tights this year!! Love them. Oh, to be 20ish again with her legs ;-) xoxo

Unknown said...

Everything looks so wonderful but Liz and David home look the best. What a wonderful surprise for her. She is the best.

Cynthia
P.S. Sorry I am late visiting but I hope you had a great holiday.

Anonymous said...

Awww! Congrats to Liz and David!