Monday, December 14, 2009

A GOOD SHOPPING DAY

I really dislike shopping in crowded stores, I actually get claustrophobia and horrific pangs of anxiety. Tired little children, through not fault of their own, that should be home napping, cranky sales people, way too long check out lines are just a few of my demons. So my plan is shop on a Monday, start really early, and hopefully I can beat the crowds. That’s what I did today, the stores were still packed though. All in all, I did pretty good, my Christmas shopping is just about done. I do a lot of online shopping, which is best for the long distance gifts that have to be shipped. Got lots of clothes for hubby and son, won’t bore you with those. Liz and David said no physical presents, just gift cards or donate to their foundation WII’S FOR WARIORS.

Every year I need small gifts for hubby to give to a few people at work, mostly ladies. This gets more difficult every year to come with something different then last year. So today I found these reed diffusers….LAVENDER and CLEAN COTTON. Light classic aromas.

100_0599

The bottles are all so pretty

100_0600

and unique

100_0602

these bottles can be reused since they are so lovely

100_0604

faux mercury glass urns

100_0605

still quite nice. Hubby usually gives LIQUOR to the men at work.

100_0606

Had teary eyes when I found these aqua crackly balls, only three left in this color!

100_0607

I could kick myself for not going to TJ MAXX sooner! I wish I had another TJ MAXX around to find more. I googled the company but no luck there!

100_0608

And this big tall baby, from Pier 1. Been searching for something large like this.

100_0609

MY AMUSE BOUCHE SPOONS!!!!! Well, they are really Asian soup spoons…I have been hunting and googling these spoons for a year now. Some Amuse bouche spoons are so expensive. Check that link out….$19.95 for 6 spoons! These were 75 cents a piece and are ceramic. I bought 36 for the BIG CHRISTMAS EVE OPEN HOUSE HERE !!!! CHOWHOUND discusses using Asian Soup Spoons for Amuse Bouche, obviously there are a little more awkward for 1 bite, but I think my guests will survive the BIGGER BITE!

100_0610

I broke 1 spoon by dropping it on porcelain tile floor. I am making my amazing SHRIMP REMOUADE, with the best & fresh off the boat shrimp here from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Shrimp Remoulade is so delicious.books My recipe is from GALATOIRE’S and I found it in Creole Gumbo and All That Jazz! I can make it ahead of time and dollop each spoon with the lovely goodness of the cold pink shrimp,the green of the sour pickles, and the creamy homemade mayonnaise that becomes the delectable sweet, tangy, and PIQUANTE Remoulde sauce. It will look so pretty against the white spoons!

100_0612

And last, my favorite walk in store….J CREW OUTLET! Be still my heart…

100_0615

J CREW HAD my number today when I walked in, There were so many things I didn't get for myself. But I did get the grey leopard cardigan, the 2 flouncy chiffony cardigans in white and cream, and the pink cardigan with silver stars, and

100_0598

the silk pearly grey fou fou collar shirt

100_0617

So yea, for someone that hates crowded stores, I did well today. Off to wrap gifts!

10 comments:

Little Lizard King said...

I bet you can't wait for your little lizzie/lizard to come home for the holidays.

will you please make a post about how to make your Shrimp Remoulade?

pretty please???

Liz said...

OMG! I love that silk shirt! Can't wait to go in there for myself! Check out our new logo at Wii's for Warriors!

Rondell said...

Ooooh them aromatics look like they smelling sweet! Girl them nice presents to give to people. I have a 50 cent limit on my friends and co-workers, cause Rondell like to keep a little something for herself.

CRICKET said...

You did super, totally jealous of your finds!

Princess Freckles said...

What a great gift idea for the ladies your husband works with! This year I baked banana breads for the women who work with my husband (still getting used that word!).

I love your tiny spoons! I always see those on Top Chef. What a fantastic party idea!

Sandra said...

Love your purchases at J. Crew!! Lovely. Do you want me to check my T.J. Maxx for the ornaments? Just let me know! I'll email you my cell phone number and you can either call me tomorrow {leave me a voicemail if I don't answer} or send me a text message and I will check it our for you! So excited for you to see your little Liz doll!! xoxo

Sue said...

So good to come by and see you. I haven't been out much lately. Love all your shopping treasures and your spoons are perfect. I may have to borrow that idea.
Hope all is well with you and yours and that your son-in-law is doing well.
Hugs,
Sue

Jessica said...

Oh WOW! I love all your finds! What fun shopping =)

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog.
My hubby is in the army reserves. He has deployed twice and most recently returned in March of this year (after a VERY long 15 month deployment) There is always talk (and fear) of the next deployment, but I am trusting God to do what is best for our little family =)
Thank you to you and your family for their service and sacrifices as well!
God bless you all and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Jessica

Belinda said...

Oooohhh...LOVE your J.Crew goodies...so pretty! :-) I found your blog through the Nester (of course!) and I will definitely return. You have a beautiful home! And you found so many great things on your shopping spree...I bet the ladies at your hubby's work will love those fragrance diffusers, and the bottles will make sweet bud vases later on...perfect! And as another commenter mentiones...would love to see your shrimp remoulade recipe. :-)

What Kate Wore said...

Good for you Miss Lamp Tramp, you did great! The J. Crew purchases look wonderful and the home fragrance is such a good idea for your husband's gift-giving.

Hope your Friday is excellent!
tp