Sunday, December 27, 2009

THE WELCOME HOME on Monday

The time has flown by since Liz & David landed last Monday. We have been so busy and this is my first chance to get on my laptop.

It was all amazing…at least 100 people at the airport…..

100_0641

Liz shedding a tear or two while David and his Mom hug

100_0642

Local television crew and newspaper reporters

100_0643

100_0646

Liz’s Grandmother & David

20091221-232437-pic-210920248_standalone_prod_affiliate_77

The Patriot Guard Riders blessing

20091221-232437-pic-222340026_standalone_prod_affiliate_77

Think this is one of David’s teachers from his high school

20091221-232437-pic-721967285_standalone_prod_affiliate_77

David and his Granny and his sister Jamie

20091221-232437-pic-129957830_standalone_prod_affiliate_77

We had Gulfport police escort and the Patriot Guard Riders

20091221-232437-pic-832914568_standalone_prod_affiliate_77

Then we got to Diamondhead where there were at least a different 100 people lining the streets, waving flags, and cheering

Sea Coast Echo article

SEARCH RESULTS
Last Updated: Dec 24th, 2009 - 10:59:46



News
Hero’s Welcome
Solider returns home to hero's welcome

Staff Sgt. David Flowers waves to crowd as his vehicle enters the Diamondhead community Monday.

Banner at my home

100_0634

The lunch following …

100_0656

Checking out David’s leg and Halo Fixator. Uncle George flew in from California to be here for the homecoming through Christmas.

100_0660

100_0661

These Patriot Guard Riders were so wonderful! There were 12 bikes and 3 trucks carrying an additional 6 Riders.

100_0650

Some of them drove all the way from New Orleans early that morning in cold, foggy weather

100_0654

These are some of the greatest guys ever, all survivors and heroes of the Vietnam War. All of them gave us their cards, and said if we ever need anything, they would be there for us!

100_0653

100_0655

Granny and one of the 2 LADY Patriot Guard Riders

100_0652

Bikes parked outside my home

100_0658

and down the street.

100_0659

This played on the local news, I hope the link still works. It was such a wonderful homecoming!

http://www.wlox.com/global/story.asp?s=11713203#

8 comments:

Heather Warren said...

Yeah!! I'm so happy for you all to get to spend the holidays together. That was such a lovely outpouring of gratitude from the community.

Sue said...

What a wonderful Welcome Home for David and Liz! Bless David's heart. Thank him form the bottom of this cousin, to the President of the Vietman Veteran's of Michigans heart for his brave service to our country. I can't imagine your relief and joy at having them both home.
Blessings to you all.
Hugs,
Sue

Judy said...

What a wonderful Christmas gift for your entire family. David looks great!

We will be at the Beau in Biloxi next Sat. thru Monday. I'm hoping one of my trips south you and I can get together...maybe in the spring.

Judy

the Preppy Princess said...

It looks amazing, filled with love, laughter and tears, what a gift to have him home and surrounded by family and friends, including the new ones from the Patriot Guard. David and Liz remind me why I'm so grateful to all those who serve our country and keep us safe.

A gazillion hugs to all,
tp

Landlocked Mermaid said...

oh sweetie!! I am crying all the way up here in dc.. you are so blessed to have them .. what a wonderful welcome you gave them. I know it lifted their spirits tremendously. what a amazing mother you are xoxoo happy holidays xo

Paula@SweetPea said...

I loved seeing pictures from Liz and Dave's homecoming. It's great that the community came out to support them when they arrived home.

Sandra said...

OH I am so happy for you! I am just now reading blogs! Of course yours brought me to tears. Liz is so beautiful and she looks great! Dave looks so happy and healthy. Such a great homecoming and Christmas. Love you! xoxo

Preppy Napkin said...

oh my goodness, I have not read your blog (or any blogs for so long) sounds like you and your family have had a lot going on. The christmas picture of your daughter(her profile-made me think I was looking at myself). Hope 2010 is a wonderful year for you!