Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Mother of the Bride

It's time to get back to wedding planning. We totally forgot about planning the entire month of December which is a good thing. Having a break from a huge project allows me to come back full of new energy and enthusiasm. Here' the latest dress that my daughter emailed to me. She knows my exact st lye. This is Adrianna Papell which comes in petites. I have 2 of her suits and loved them. The little jacket is perfect for Mass, Holy Trinity has super cold air conditioning. I love the 3/4 length sleeves. Then for the trolley ride from Holy Trinity to the Petroleum Club in the 90 plus temperatures, jacket could come off. It's amazing how easily a lady can "sweat" in our tropical weather.
I think this dress is adorable. Perfect for me, minus the menopausal, Katrina-depressed poundage that I'm working to get rid of. But we'll still be looking.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this dress.

I like that your daughter is giving you suggestions. When I told my mom that I was getting married, I think she had her dress picked out before I even started looking for mine. I know for sure that she tried on about twice the number I did. So funny.

Suburban prep said...

I love the dress. I am sure it will look great on.

Kim said...

Love it!

Judy said...

Although my daughter got married 10years ago, I still remember the beautiful dress she picked out for me. It was a beautiful cream colored suit which I wore with gorgeous heels...the shoes came off almost before the ceremony they were killing my feet! This time will be so special for you and your daughter (I think it's Elizabeth?). Daughter and I had a year to prepare and everythig went off without a hitch (at least that's how I remember it). I love the dress you show on your post tonight and you are so right about the heat and humidity but maybe you'll catch a little breeze. What's up with the menopause pounds? I used to be a size 6 now I'm a LOT more than than in just 4 short years.
When I remarried 4 1/2 years ago I went all out even though it was 2nd marriage and you're not supposed to. Hubby-to-be gave me the green light to "have at it" and I really enjoyed myself. My favorite thing (silly as it sounds) were our napkins which were ecru with our initial in the center in white. I love that color combination and it was so elegant. Well, I'm getting carried away with all this wedding talk so I'll go join hubby in watching the NH caucaus (or however you spell it).
Later - Judy