Monday, January 28, 2008

Meeting Hubby

I got tagged by One Fabulous Mom to tell the story of Meeting Hubby. It's ancient history but I'll do my best.
In the Spring of 1974, I was approximately a Junior Library Science major, formerly an art major in college. I took a part time Library job at night at a Maritime Academy. It was all male...HA!!! That was fun. One night I looked up and saw my future husband walking towards me and I absolutely fell in love, with his looks of course, since I had not even met him. The semester came to an end, he had visited me a few times and I knew what a nice, sincere person he was. Then summer came and he had to leave for his Senior year cruise. I was on the dock along with all the other parents, girlfriends, and family members to wish them Bonn Voyage. He came over to me and shook my hand goodbye. He totally sealed the deal with that handshake. It was the longest 2 months of my life....all I could do was think about him. When he came back from the cruise, we went out and became inseparable. He graduated in 1975, took a job that he didn't like, finally got a great engineering job so that he felt he could support both of us. I was still in school. We married in April 1977.....31 years ago. This is what he surprised me with last year in honor of our 30 years married...

I tag Frannycakes, Gracious Southern Living, Mom on the Run, and True Southern Heart.

8 comments:

Fran said...

OMG....Your ring is beautiful! He did good! You have such a sweet story.

Fran

Judy said...

Love the ring! I'll post how I met my husband later today or tonight.

Judy

The Mrs. said...

Such a cute story, I can just picture it!!!! That ring is GORGEOUS! you deserve it!!!! xoxoxox

Preppy Lizard said...

Such a sweet story. The hubby did great for your 30th anniversay!!!!

Belle said...

What a lucky girl. That ring is amazing! I love how you two took your time and did it right. My Hunny and I didn't have a "pot to pee in" when we got married! Great story!

Jennifer said...

How sweet! I love to hear wonderful stories of how people met, especially because it is thrilling to find happy couples after so many years. It is a wonderful example to those of us younger. The ring is gorgeous!
~Jen

Unknown said...

Beautiful ring! Thanks so much for visiting me. I can't believe I haven't visited your blog before, just the name alone is great. Thanks for the visit and I'll be back.

BittersweetPunkin said...

I love your story and that ring is pretty!!

Thanks for visiting me recently and for your sweet comment. I'd love to pop back in and visit you again!
Blessings,
Robin