Saturday, January 26, 2008

Parmsean Cheese Bowls

At our reception tasting at the Petroleum Club last Wednesday, we were treated with not only delicious food....but beautiful presentation for each dish. I wished I had taken pictures of everything...daughter would not have let me even if I tried. It was during the busy lunch hour and the dining room was packed. We stood out from the git go as Jennifer, the catering manger, dressed in a beautiful red business suit, donned a white apron to serve us. Everyone else was served by the usual wait staff in their black and whites. Regardless, it was still perfect.


The first item that Jennifer brought out was a lovely baby spring mix salad with fresh Louisiana strawberries.....yes, Louisiana is famous for strawberries very early in season....toasted pecans, drizzled with a very mild warm honey balsamic reduction served in a toasted crisp Parmesan bowl. It was so pretty...the bowl was lacy and had totally nonuniform which added to the visual delight. It was served on a pretty white square dish with a sliced strawberry or two on the plate, then a few dots and squiggles of the reduction vinaigrette. So pretty and delicious. David, who normally doesn't eat salad, loved it and ate every bite. Below are 2 pictures I found online that at least have the Parmesan bowl.




I'm going to try to make these bowls tonight for husband and I. He was is Stone Mountain, GA Tuesday through Friday, flew to West Palm Beach, FL Friday morning and home today. So we are celebrating being back together since I left to fly to Shreveport on last Sunday. I'll post my feeble attempts at Parmesan Cheese Bowls tomorrow!!

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Fabulous! I wouldn't even attempt! Tagged you on m site!

Kim said...

Looks delicious!