Monday, May 5, 2008

On a Happier Topic....

****my wrapping paper is all Caspari bought it at Mint Julep Paperie in Shreveport.*****


We are really crunching time as the wedding is only a month away. I'm not panicking but do have this sense of "what I am forgetting"? All my lists are scattered everywhere, and I am constantly making new lists. Daughter and fiance had their "engagement session" yesterday with Mark Eric. His website and blog are pretty amazing. He was off to San Diego ?? is that right daughter??, for a wedding, so their pictures may not get posted for a week or so.
Here's what I have been getting ready.... 150 feet of nautical rope....1 135" piece for the trim around a tablecloth and 20 6 foot lengths that will be tied on every other pew, center aisles only, with a hydrangea? Is that right, Daughter? I can't remember, need to get my 15 page statement from wedding planner, she is doing all flowers. I wanted to get the rope lengths, they have to be burned off with a soldering iron to seal the edges. Somewhere, in the depths of my brain, I thought this might be a small financial savings. Otherwise, wedding planner would bill me the labor plus cost. So this is ready to go, I'll turn over to Bobbi.

I wanted some cute, different favors to put on my shower gifts for daughter. Made these initial hooks: bought very inexpensive wood letters at Walmart, put a hook on back, drilled a hole at top, and sorta did a whitewash on them. Daughter could use them as key ring holders, or as towel holders in her guest bath. Her guest bath does not have enough wall space for an additional towel bar. When I stay there, I realize these little details.
Remember her birthday presents that I posted? Well, they were cash and gift cards....to use for whatever they wanted. One of things she bought were 2 Windsor chairs at Ross for $29.99 each. They were very nice looking, finished well, and fit her dining table perfectly. But there were only 2. So since I've been back here in MS, I went to Ross in Gulfport, scored 1, had a little scuff mark on leg so I got it for $25. Then went to Slidell, found the 4th chair to complete their set.

I know you've seen some of these before....I've added a few more plus put the FLUFF STUFF on them...



these are all for the bridal shower at the French Tart this coming Saturday...




I'll be loading up my vehicle soon and packing...





but tomorrow I've got to bring MIL for her colonoscopy....seems she loves having them, I think this is her 8th one in less then 10 years. She doesn't have any problems or reason to keep having them....she is a worrier.... so we indulge her.


then bring hubby to airport...White Sands, New Mexico is his destination this week, he'll fly into Shreveport on Friday to join me.... play some golf with future SIL


Then I'll be off to Shreveport for fun, happy, joyous wedding planning and shower.


8 comments:

Etiquettely Correct said...

Everything looks so pretty! I love the chairs and what a great price! I know the wedding is going to be fabulous!

The Mrs. said...

Where do you get your wrapping paper! the pink houndsttoth is to die for!

Katie Ryan said...

Think of me while you're at the reception, since that's where I live. Have fun.

Katie Ryan said...

Yes, Southern T.

so tired said...

The wrapping is beautiful, as usual.

I love the wooden letter key hanger idea. I might have to steal that one!

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying watching all of this come together. You have fabulous taste and a beautiful sense of style. This wedding is going to be amazing and I know that your daughter appreciating all of this so much! Have a fabulous week and remember to take just a few minutes for yourself!
~Jen

Far From Perfect said...

I love pictures on your table!!!Yes I'm sorry to say that's me in the pink.

Belle said...

This wedding looks like so much fun! Thanks for letting us all be included. Everything is just beautiful!