Sunday, May 4, 2008

Read at your own risk...not my usual post

****Update -Monday: Sharkey died but George and Cinderalla are hanging in. They become agitated when they see me, which adds to my guilt. Like they know I was the one that made them sick and killed the other two. They still won't eat which is a sign that they are not well. We'll see what today brings. *****

This is so horrible... I'm killing my koi, not on purpose, but one of the MicroLift products that are way too expensive....well, last Tuesday, I put in the pond. The algae was getting bad as the temperatures rose. String algae started to bloom. I did not measure the amount....my stupid, bad mistake. I just poured it in along with a 2nd MicroLift product. Well, my sweet babies were poisoned by me. They have been slowly dying and suffering...they beach themselves on rocks, I push them back into the pond. They swim for awhile but once again beach themselves to die. This has been going on for 4 days now. I hate myself....how could I be so cruel? Greybeard is dead, Sharkey is dying, George is dying. Cinderalla is still swimming. It is horrile to watch them die, they beach themselves or try to get caught in rocks so they can die. I keep netting them back into the pond, but they go back into a "get caught on the rocks position". I guess I need to let them die. Not one of my best moments.

7 comments:

Liz said...

Its ok, you should let them die and not prolong their suffering. Our photo shoot went great!!

The Mrs. said...

I'm so sorry. That's awful. Don't blame yourself! You didn't mean to!

so tired said...

Ugh. That's no good. How long have you had them all?

Belle said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry about your Koi. You didn't mean to. Can you move them somewhere else for right now? I don't know much about Koi. We had a similiar weekend. My big dog, Sophie, has turned into a bird hunter. She's very good at it. I LOVE my back yard birds. We attract all kinds. I caught her staging an attack under the bird bath where she stealthily(?) crawled under and reached up and grabbed one! I screamed and she dropped it, but it was too late. It was dead. Broke my heart. Hunny caught her doing it as well. I didn't realize she was such a bird hater. We're watching her very closely now.

Bridget said...

:( How sad, that's really a tough one! Thinking of you....

Bridget said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Far From Perfect said...

Sorry, You didn't mean for it to happen. To bad they have names,seems to make it worst. My brother use to name his calves till he lost a few,couldn't handle it. Sorry