Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I WISH CASTED....

IKE to you, Texas and Mexico, please forgive me! I know what you are all going through right now. I'll be praying and wish casting that Ike dissipates.

So yesterday, I spent hours searching online for a suitable condo in Oxford for the Thanksgiving Wednesday through Sunday. Found about 6 units, 2 on the golf course, 2 on the Square, and 2 that were not as attractive. Being on the Square was very tempting but this is what I choose:

This unit overlooks the 6th green at The Country Club of Oxford:


Living area looks nice, lots of seating for us all. Hardwood floors, very nice.


Nice little porch overlooking 6th hole so hubby can smoke his cigars...


Not sure which is master bedroom, both look nice...


One BR for daughter & SIL...


Kitchen looks good & should be well equipped...



I'll be able to cook up some tailgating food for Friday in the Grove...


Son and friends have a tent they set up, I'll need to come up with some yummy recipes. We are all excited about this 5 day Thanksgiving trip. Turkey dinner, golf, football, lots of partying....what more could one ask for?
Glad I finally accomplished something positive. Hope to stay on this roll. Next, I've got to make plans to the Cape and be thinking about what we will do for Christmas.
Wish casting...gotta love it when it works!

9 comments:

Princess Freckles said...

The condo looks beautiful! What a fun trip you have planned!

Princess Freckles said...

Thanks for your comment. I am also a BIG fan of Sarah Palin! Her speech at the convention really did it for me. I don't know if I was feeling a bit overly emotional, but she had me choked up a few times. I feel such hope for this team, and I liked how they really started to speak out that THEY are the ticket for change in Washington!

That's so cool that your also did the library science degree. Did you ever work in a library? I work in the juvenile department now and am planning to start the grad program after our wedding in 2009. I am eager to get into it, but I know that wedding planning will be too big a distraction and I don't want to do a bad job at two very important things! I hope the weather cools off in LA for ya!

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

wow, sounds like a great place to visit! hard to believe thanksgiving is around the corner. yikes!

Monogramchick said...

What a great condo and sounds like it will be a great trip--aren't we all thankful for football!?

Anonymous said...

Yay! Looks like fun. For some reason when you mentioned the choices, I guessed you would go with the place on the golf coarse. :)
It looks like you guys are going to have a great time! Let us know what yummy recipes you fix for tailgating.

I am so glad Ike is bypassing you guys. You definitely need the time to breathe.

~Jen

duchess said...

Looks like y'all should have a great time - the accomodations are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh pretty. Wonder what room I will pick, smile.... they all look so nice. I know you will be looking forward to that trip. I too am finding it hard to get back in the swing of things. It's hard to even decide on what to cook for supper. Hope this feeling ends soon. Im ready to move on too. Take care~

Pigtails and Pacifiers said...

What fun times you have planned with your family. I too, am thankful that Ike is making a very westerly turn. Good luck getting everything back to normal after Gustav. We have family in Baton Rouge who got a tree through their roof. Have fun with all the planning!

Amy said...

This place looks so awesome! Have a great time! Also, just read your anniversary post. Wow! You've been through so much! It makes a difference to hear individual stories, rather than more generalized news reports. Thanks for sharing this difficult, incomprehensible time with those of us in other parts of the country.