Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ok, time to move on...

yet I'm struggling to get back to normal. Why?...I've no clue. Maybe it's the waiting, watching, anxiety, cleanup, just putting away all the darn crap I packed to evacuate, taking care of others, and here we are again....living in fear thanks to Ike. I am not alone, there are thousands of us going through these same emotions.

So here are some happy thoughts and plans:

* Hubby and I going to Cape Cod late October (when hurricane season is over, Thank you God!)

* Trying to make plans for Thanksgiving Wednesday thru that Sunday. Want to go to OLE MISS/STATE game, son on board with that & thrilled. Ready to eat at City Grocery and Downtown Grill Restaurant. Still waiting to hear from daughter & SIL if they can make it. I'm so ready to not cook the turkey dinner this year.

* Trying to plan Christmas...again, I'd love to pick a central location where we can all meet. Daughter & SIL may not have that much time off, son will be taking intersession classes. So this will be a challenge!

I'm still trying to visit with everyone. We had power and cable problems all week. Numerous times the local power company had to shut down different grids to bring others back on. We SO understand but it can be very frustrating when you are in the middle of doing something that requires electricity.

So please excuse my lack of posts and inabilty to read all of my favorite blogs. Once we get through this week and IKE, I should be myself again!

8 comments:

Judy said...

Sandi, so glad to "see" you back on line. We're hoping for the best from Ike here too. All my kids and grandkids at the beach for the next week...they WILL evacuate if necessary.

Keep me posted on your whereabouts sweetie!

Judy

Belle said...

I'm so sorry you have to get ready for another possible evacuation. I think about you guys all the time. It must be so frustrating having electricity coming and going. You all are in our prayers. Can't wait till things are back to normal for you and we're all reading your witty and beautiful posts, again! The upcoming trips sound fabulous. Keep focusing on those! Good luck with everything!!
~Belle

Sue said...

Sandi,
Welcome back, we've missed you and are so pleased that you are getting back to an even keel.
If you decide to head north come on up our way. We can get that Spec house ready for you any time. Dana posted some better pictures of the interior on her blog this morning.
Again, I'm so glad that all is well with you and yours.
Hugs,
Sue

duchess said...

Looks like Ike won't be a problem for y'all.
We need to put TX on the prayer list, though.

Preppy Lizard said...

Well I hope IKE does not come your way I will be praying for anyone in it's path. Hope you get back to your normal routine soon.

Tara said...

You've got lots of nice sounding plans to formalize!

Far From Perfect said...

So glad to hear from you... what a terrible waiting game. Sounds like you have some great holiday plans for the year, I don't want to think of it yet. Have been thinking about you often-thanks for the map...been watching.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have fabulous plans ahead. You really deserve the chance to get away! I hope recovery from Gustav calms down for you soon. I've been watching the coverage of Ike and hope you guys will be safe (it's looking good for you at the moment!)
~Jen