Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A SHAMLESS P.O.O.P.I.E.

Thanks, Nester, for allowing me to realize my foibles, my shameless ways in decorating my home!
I am guilty, welcome to my front door

Oops, these are real below. At least I digress a little. They were begging to be photographed.

Entry hall


Way too guilty in the kitchen



still guilty in the kitchen


still kitchen



Oh my, still in the kitchen, time to get rid of these things



My very favorite. I made this centerpeice to go with my beloved SUSAN LUMPKIN "DINE ON THE BAYOU" handpainted dishes. We live on Rotten Bayou, yes, that is really it's name, so these images and textures are so relevant. Tried to bring in the cat-a-nine tails, the sticks, the moss, the ferns, and the fuzzies....all lovley items that Mother Nature has blessed us with here on Rotten Bayou.







in my bathroom


in master bedroom


So, now that I see everything published and public, I realize how bad I've got this disease.
Maybe time to dust, redo, and toss some of these things! Way to go Nester, keep me focused!


29 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oh my goodness...I'm so glad you're back. : ) I did not realize you were still blogging until I saw your recent comment on mine. I've missed seeing your "signature" on the sites I go to often. I couldn't be happier that you and your family escaped the battering of three years ago and that you're safe and sound. Welcome home! : ) AND about your plants, you have to agree that they ARE lovely. I say leave them if you still like them. The only rules in decorating are: "Does it make me happy?" WOW, where did that soapbox come from?????
So glad you're back,
M.L.

Free Art Printables said...

Love your shameless poopie and the front entry way! That orchid looks real!

Anonymous said...

Im so glad that you found some pumpkins. Maybe they will get some more in soon. Love all of your flowers.... pretty!

The Nester said...

ahhh choo!

Better to have dusty fakery than fakery lost in a hurricane right?

Love you and so glad that your fake plants are safe and sound!

Mom in High Heels said...

I like the.....POOPIE(?) on the front door.

Joanna said...

Thanks for stopping by...I love your blog! I will be back!

The centerpiece goes great with those dishes...I really love it, and the pretty one hanging on the door is lovely as well.

the undomesticated wife said...

I love that metal thing that your poops are in on your front door! Very cool thing-a-ma-jig!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Well, I love the metal thing on the front door! You did better then me..I just couldn't show any of the top of my cabinet..lol...but then on my side bar there is a picture of my kitchen...oh well...I kinda scared to get up there and take them down...lol. nancy

The Mrs. said...

That is too funny! I know an addict when I see one!!! LOL!

Tara said...

Love the plates--did you do that yourself?

Blogger said...

I love that thingee on the front door, never seen that before, very pretty!

Bella :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sandi,
I love all your fakes...and don't object to them at all. My home would be bare without mine! You have everything looking great!

It's good to see you posting about something other than a hurricane! I know you are glad you all will miss this one.

My son is back in NOLA and working on his degree...he was so glad to go back. LOL

Have a great day,
Diane

Anonymous said...

Wow! You were brave to show your ivy on top of the cabinets! ha. I have to admit I only removed mine a few years ago. 5 years of dust got all over my kitchen too, what a mess!

I think the rest of your house looks great.

Thanks for stopping by today! Love meeting new bloggers.

Anonymous said...

I'm really laughing because we have some of the exact same plants. Hobby Lobby?

Will come again very soon.

Stacey :)

Julie Willis said...

I think your orchid looks pretty real. I've seen them in Publix and thought they were real, but fakes. I tend to kill the real ones!

Melissa said...

So glad you're safe~I loved seeing all of your fakes! Can I tell you how much I love the color in your kitchen? I would love to know the name of the paint, if you don't mind. Can't wait to see what you replace the fakes you get rid of with~good luck! :)

Deb said...

Now that I've seen your pics I think I may need to go around and evaluate my home. I am definitely a proud POOPIE though. I love some of my fakes, although some definitely need to be changed. But the nice ones are definitely part of the decor, and I don't care what HGTV says, they're stayin.

Melissa said...

Thank you so much! I will put SW Mexican Sand in my "paint file"~I really appreciate it. Have a good day! ~M

Princess Freckles said...

I need you to come up to Michigan and help me decorate my home! Beautiful!

Robin said...

Yep....I used to have some Poopies like those...right now, due to the humiliation, I am ripping apart certain things, burning others and running straight to Michaels for BETTER POOPIE Ideas...I will have to keep my distance from the Ivy, as I have a certain addiction that has to be avoided to keep from being a part of Nester's POOPIE party!! LOL!

Let's all go to the NESTER's house and steal HER stuff! Do ya think she may have stuff HIDDEN away that she is NOT admitting to??? Hmmmm...that's a thought!

southerninspiration said...

I love the front door thingy!!! Looks great. A few of the dust catchers may need refurbishing, but most of it looks right at home. I have some,too, that need to go; but not all. I have a red orchid in my front entry wall, too. It's staying. Thanks for your good wishes on my blog today!
Suzanne

Nancy Rosalina said...

Okay...you ask about Frisco style...so..Go to photobucket.com and upload your photos...then...click on edit images....then keep clicking on the MORE arrow button till you see FRISCO...there will be several different style you can try out...but that frisco so different! Thanks for asking! Hope this helps...let me know. Have fun! Blessings,Nancy

Meghan said...

Very pretty fakeries!!!
:>)

edie said...

Hi! Love the name of your blog! I have a small lamp fetish myself....5, I think in my kitchen alone....and l-o-v-e the front door treasure....very unique looking. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Mimi Sue said...

That arrangement on your door is gorgeous. Did you do it yourself? Maybe you could show us how...Mimi

kari and kijsa said...

Too funny!!! We are celebrating our one year anniversary and wanted to thank you for being a special part of the past year!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Angela said...

your orchids looks great. i try to have different floral arrangement every couple of weeks but that gets sort of pricey after a while. : )

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Quite some lovely POOPIEs we see! It's nice to see them done so well - bravo!
Glad to see your house is coming back to life after Katrina - thanks for sharing!
Karla & Karrie

Anonymous said...

I loveee the berry swag and arrangement on you're kitchen cabnets!!! Please let me know if you do toss them, I will gladly take them off you're hands! Just let me know how much you would like for them! :) lugom@me.com