Tuesday, September 2, 2008

LUCIKEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH!

Yes, that's me, the luckiest person in this entire world. We had no major damage, just a messy yard. My communities to the south and west are wiped out and devastated, though. Took us a while/but yet no time at all to get power and back online. (After Katrina, those was no power for at least 3 weeks...depending on where your home/grid power line was.) We took care of MIL, MIL's power out over 27 hours, which is nothing compared to what a lot of people will have to deal with.

Earlier had to empty out her 2 refrigerators/freezers, and same for friends that are out of town. Also taking care of their 16 year old dog named Lady. Someone else was supposed to babysit this poor 16 year old dog, but bailed out and they evacuated at least minute. So we are taking care of Lady! Ya'll know we are soft when it comes to pooches! It's been a hectic few days.

Can't stay online and connect with any one's blog. We are taking in....2 families....the men work with my husband....these families lost their homes. So we are sheltering them, feeding them, and loving them as best we can. It is the least we can do!

I'm praying for everyone that has been in the path of this storm....Susie, Diane (and her son), Cena, my children, (both are under tornado warnings, heavy winds, and rain), and those unknown to me. God keep you under his strong reach of protection!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...they worked!!!

I'll visit with everyone when time permits.

xoxo, Lamp Tramp

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sandi,
I'm so glad that you suffered no major damage. We didn't even have a power outage here!

I'm sorry about those that you know that suffered loss! From what I saw on the news Waveland was hit pretty hard. I was surprised since the eye of the storm was so far to the west.

Take care, and I'll check back with you!
diane

Wifer said...

Whew! All of my costal bloggers are safe and sound and I am thankful.

Far From Perfect said...

glad to hear your news- The National Guard up here is heading your way.

PINK POPPY said...

So glad to hear that your ok and that you were bypassed!
thank goodness.

Fran said...

I am so glad to hear your good news! You have definitely been on my mind the past few days!

Fran

duchess said...

So glad to hear that everyone's okay.
We're watching out for Hannah & praying she doesn't do too much.

Preppy Lizard said...

So happy to hear that you and your family are fine. You are a wonderful soul to take in those 2 families during this time of need. The world needs more people like you.

Free Art Printables said...

Glad you are okay!!!!!

Kim said...

Thank goodness!

Deb said...

So glad to hear you're doing okay. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so glad that you all are alright! I know relieved cannot begin to describe how you feel. Bless you for helping those around you. What a gift you have offered.
Blessings,
Jen

Monogramchick said...

I am so glad y'all are safe and that you're able to help others out--how selfless! Our prayers are with you.

Pigtails and Pacifiers said...

So glad to hear you had no major damage. You are very sweet to take in friends during their difficult time. Keep us posted! BTW: baby girl # 3's name is Lucy.

Sue said...

So glad to hear that you didn't get too much damage. Bless your hearts for caring for Lady and your hubbies stranded coworkers.
Take care sweet one.
Hugs,
Sue

Judy said...

So glad you made it through with no more damage than you have.

Hugs,
judy

Belle said...

Thank goodness!! Thinking of you and the road ahead for your house guests.
Lots of love,
Belle

__ said...

So glad! :o)