Saturday, September 13, 2008

What do you call an amorous insect? The love bug.

Oh, yea it's the fall love bug time! We have 2 seasons, fall and spring. These little loving flies haunt us, damage our vehicles, somehow find their way into our homes, and totally taunt us while they are making LOVE!







*The brighter side of Love Bugs

The tiny flies we call Love Bugs are making a nuisance of themselves again as their mating flight takes them into the paths of oncoming cars.

*"Yeah, as a matter of fact, one important natural enemy is a car. I always like to tell people the best way to kill Love Bugs is with a car."

*Does the Bug cause any economic harm?

"Actually there's quite an industry of washing cars that would disappear if we didn't have Love Bugs. So its very important for a lot of people to earn their livings washing cars for the tourists as they go through the state."

*To a question about the density of Love Bug swarms...

"How do you tell a happy motorcyclist? With the Love Bugs in his teeth."

*And of course, observations about their flight ...

"They'd be a very good advertisement for United Airlines: Fly United."

Sadly...while this is all so true....this is ...rather funny! Unless you have to clean these BLANKEITY BLANK THINGS!

11 comments:

Bridget said...

a southern cicada :)

Fran said...

I loathe those things!

Unknown said...

We have more than our share of them here this year. I think it is from
Gustav!

Free Art Printables said...

oohhh. UGH!

Deb said...

Yuck just looking at those things make me itch.

Preppy Lizard said...

OH YUCK!!!!

Joanna said...

Wow, I thought that we had a lot!

Far From Perfect said...

Oh my, I thought Nebraska was buggy.

amy (metz) walker said...

Oh my! I haven't seen those...that would really freak me out!

MOMMY-MOMO said...

OMG! Is this for real? Im from southern cali...never seen anything like them? Gives me the willy's!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, that's the creepiest,scariest thing I've ever seen. I thought barn spiders were scary.