Sunday, October 19, 2008

Back Home!

We had 8 glorious days on the Cape & in Boston. The weather was perfect. We visited with lots of family, we shopped, hubby golfed, and we gobbled up clam chowda, lobster, quahogs, and fried clams!!!! And Sam Adams Ocktoberfest! On Thursday, we went to Fenway Park to see about tickets for that night's game.
Had lunch at Cask n Flagon, while watching the ticket line form on Lansdowne Street ticket gate.


Son wanted a Coco Crisp #10 jersey....a little shocked at the price...$550!


Boston's finest before going on crowd duty.




I can never keep up with hubby and take pictures. That's him in front of me. Half the time my pictures were all blurry from hurrying. Once or twice I lost sight of him as crowds got heavier.
We decided against waiting 2 more hours in line for tickets, then another 2 hours for game to start. Went to Qunicy Market instead, shopped and eat dinner there. Went back to the Doubletree on Washington to watch the rest of the game in comfort. Red Sox were losing 7-0 in 7th, shut TV off as we watched the crowds leaving the Green Monster. We all gave up! And they won, with an amazing comeback. What bad fans we are! They won again last night and tonight is the BIG ONE!



Walking down a country road, the foliage turned brighter the longer our stay went on.
Glad to be back home although it takes me days to get back to normal. I'll be catching up in blogland soon!






15 comments:

Princess Freckles said...

So glad to hear you had a nice trip!!! Boston in October is so beautiful! The colors are so incredible. You caught that in your picture.

Unknown said...

Glad to know you had a great trip. I've always wanted to go to New England in the fall...one day we'll make it!
diane

Fran said...

Wish I had known you were in Boston! I would have driven down to meet you!

Fran

Sandra said...

Glad you had a good trip! Missed you BF :)

nomo wino daph said...

Been missing you!!
Thanks for sharing your trip with us! That last picture is BEAUTIFUL!! I would love to have my kids in that for a Thanksgiving card:)

Preppy Lizard said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! I wish I was up in Boston right now...it's one of my favorite cities.

Katie Ryan said...

Sounds like so much fun!
And Boston doesn't make me cry ... LOL!

The Nester said...

Glad you are back home!

when you get a chance, will you email me at my NEW email:

nestergirl{at}gmail{dot}com

thanks honey!

Belle said...

How fun! I'm so glad you had a great time! Welcome back.
~Belle

Kim said...

That's so funny about your hubby. Mine's the same way. I never get any good pictures because he's always running a half block ahead of me.

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

I've been working DAY and NIGHT!!!!
My $200+Give Away is now posted. This truly has your name written all over it!! You won't believe your eyes! It is my way of showing my heartfelt appreciation for all the support I was given in the infancy of my blog. My Lil Boutique's Grand Opening is now official too. I'm slowly filling it with my favorite designs and treasures. I'm truly enjoying this blog journey, especially the new friends I'm getting to know through our visits. Thanks for sharing your precious time with me.
*SWEET WISHES*!
Sara

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! It sounds like you guys had an amazing trip! I am sure it was beautiful and I can't wait to see all of your photos.
Take it easy and Have a great week,
Jen

The Golf Widow said...

Beautiful Fall weather. Too funny about giving up on the game. I think most of America was in the same boat.:)
$550 is crazy.With only girls thank goodness I'm spared that cost. However, I'm sure I'll more than double it with shoes and handbags! Welcome back!

Bridget said...

Looks like you had one great time!

Fifi Flowers said...

I LOVE Boston... GREAT city!
Note to self... must make plans to return! In the mean time... maybe a virtual blog trip to Boston would help... hmmmm