Saturday, October 25, 2008

Giving to our national community.....

We are trying to raise money this weekend for St. Judes, yet I'm complaining....
Here's where I've been and why I'm not able to read about ya'll...

So, one of my vehicles had to go to dealership this week for service..."service engine light" came on. It had an evaporate emission canister vent stuck....whatever the heck that means. Under warranty, yes fix it. Then they told me 2 other items needed to be serviced, the air filter needed to be changed out and a fuel induction service needed to be done. Do I want to have this done while vehicle is in shop or bring it back after. Obviously I wanted it all done, if I'm without a vehicle and it is a huge hassle dropping it off, then getting someone to bring me back to dealership...DO IT! $250 later....

I'm driving home and I realize my XM radio won't work. Try as I might, I could not find XM. Got home, called XM radio to see if something happened to my XM subscription on that vehicle. Nope, all my accounts are fine, and by the way did you have service on vehicle lately? Well, yes. So I call service dept back, they say bring it back in the morning. So Friday morning, hubby & I head to dealer. These are long time friends, as we've bought vehicles them for 25 years. They look at radio and say "you need a new radio"!
WTH, the XM was fine when we dropped it off 2 days ago. Now they have to order that specific radio to fit the VIN #, thank goodness still under warranty. But come on now, what really happened? Now I've got to be without a vehicle for a day or two next week, never mind the logistics of dropping it off and picking it back up. GGRRR!!

Trying to get hubby to make my 16+ FT long window rod. OMG what a mistake....he argued with me at Lowes, every idea that I had, he said wouldn't work. Such as...."you can't paint on PVC or metal pipes". I said "Yes... they make all kinds of new paints that will adhere to those surfaces. " Disaster & a fight in the works! He bought 2 wood 10 FT dowels, spends 2 hours yesterday trying to mathematically figure out the center point on a 1 1/2 inch diameter dowel to put them together with no results. OMG , now I remember why I don't ask for his help. Still not done. He is playing in a golf tournament for St Judes Hospital this weekend. I said I'd help out with the tourny, taking up my weekend time, and we had to go to banquet last night and again tonight. So I'm not expecting my 16+ FT curtain rod to be installed this weekend. I've got the panels together, stitched, and ironed.

So, I'm just off "volunteer wife golf cart duty" and I'm complaining to all of you. Sorry! I've got to shower again and get ready to help with the meal for tonight. I really have NOTHING to complain about if I put my thoughts into perspective with the families associated with St Judes. Shame on me for being so shallow!
Sorry, I can't visit with ya'll. Thanks for listening, I miss reading about ya'll, I promise to catch up soon!
XOXO!!!

17 comments:

AP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom in High Heels said...

Men can be such a hassle, can't they? They ALWAYS know the best way to do something. Usually, the BEST way to do something is to do it yourself. That way you don't have to wait weeks for a simple curtain rod. Get a wood connector (those little round things), drill a hole in one end of both rods, pop the connector in with some wood glue, let it dry, chop 2 feet off both opposite ends and poof, a 16 foot rod. Silly men. Why do they have to make everything complicated?

nanc said...

You're funny, not a complainer. My husband and I put up rods last weekend and I thought the same thing. I had to keep biting my tongue. All the measuring, tools, trips to the basement. Last year I had him get me my own drill for Christmas and I do a lot of hanging stuff myself. It's much lighter than his, I keep it charged and in my pantry and I'm always ready to go.

Belle said...

Oh my. You have your hands full! Men...ugh. You know the week I had with mine. You're so right, though. Where would we be without them? It sounds like you're doing a wonderful thing. Have fun and enjoy the evening! Hope you're feeling better. :)
~Belle

Nancy Rosalina said...

Well, i guess, You can't leave with 'em and can't live without 'em either! LOL:) I know it will be beautiful when you all get it done! Can't wait to see it! Nancy

nomo wino daph said...

Your cracking me up!! I tell you what I do....I DO IT MYSELF:) When DH rolled back to town he saw that over the past 5 weeks he has been gone that I went out, bought AND installed curtain rods for the kitchen, sons room AND living room...NOW had be been in town, I would have "thought" he had to do it....but look what i can get done on my on! Needless to say, he was THRILLED! lol...sorry for the ramblings!!

How exciting volunteering for St Judes! That is awesome- ITA with ya...thinking of what they are going through TOTALLY makes our little issues seem so "little".

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!!!
GodSpeed Friend!

Katie Ryan said...

What is the deal with men and curtain rods!? My husband is the same way with that whole "that won't work" and finding the exact center point ... when I try to work with him on one of my ideas, it's always completed looking nothing like my original idea!

Anonymous said...

Sandy,
you are so funny girl! And no, you aren't a complainer! Our husbands DO drive us nuts at times! ;)
As I sit at my computer, I am looking up at the totally crookedly hung curtain rod I asked MY husband to install...BIG MISTAKE TOO! LOL! ;) He even used his "laser" level, and he STILL hung it crooked! ARGGHH!
That is nice that you are helping out to raise money for St. Jude's.
Have a nice day!
Cheryl-Toronto

southerninspiration said...

Oh, don't you hate car maintenance and repair work??? ugh. We've put too much money into it lately, too!
I hope you get your curtains done this week and life is better afterward! ;)
Suzanne

Sandra said...

Car troubles are the worst.... it is a conspiracy against us - haha

Are you taking about finding the center of the diameter of the dowel? trace 1.5 circle on a piece of paper, cut out, fold in half, then in quarters - open up, center is where the folds cross. Hold up against the end of the rod, mark center with a nail - voila. I hope I understood what you were talking about - if not, this just made no sense :)

Anonymous said...

Just why do our guys not understand what we want and why do they insist that it won't work?! Maybe it is because a man's mind is just not as creative as a woman's.

We are big supporters of St Jude. It is a wonderful organization and hosital for children.

I hope that you have a better week,
Jen

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel when it comes to cars being in the shop, ugh!! I wonder what really did happen to that radio??? weird! I also know how you feel about you and hubby trying to make something. I hate to ask mine to do something of that nature. You would think I was aking for an organ... that I know he would give, smile. Thats why I have learned to saw and glue and help myself. I still have to ask for help from time to time but I dont like it...
I do hope your curtains come out as lovely as they sound. Kudos to you for helping out with St Jude! I think they are great. My son had to visit one of their Dr.s... let me just tell you this... they are Awesome! that God everything turned out ok. Well take care and I hope it all works out, smile!

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

I think there's something in the air filtration system. Pumping out extra dosages of testosterone in those Home Depot, Lowe's stores. Haven't you noticed? When you walk through the (Lowe's) doors, your hubby's starts morphing into the HULK. Inflated head and ego. Flared Nostrils, even the stride in his steps increases. Leaving you in his saw dust....! I'm feeling a estrogen need to post about this topic. Grining.
I've actually had the dowel rod in my bedroom. I used a screw to connect them too. Just remember the support brace for the middle. You might need a couple placed in various spots.I found this out the hard way when the weight of my curtains produced a slope and the rod bowed.
Thanks for visiting my lil' blog.
Sweet Witches,
Sara <[;O

Anonymous said...

I have an award for you. Stop by my blog and take a peak!
~Jen

Made In The South said...

I thought me and my hubby were the only ones who fight in Lows and Home Depot...You are not complaining, that is called venting to friends.

The Mrs. said...

I'm sorry you're dealing with all of that!!! Frustrating!

Anonymous said...

Sandy,
Where ARE you? Hope everything is alright!!

Cheryl