Below, this 17 foot expanse of windows has blinds. It was never a problem with too much sun those 14 years before 2005. Now in the fall & winter, even with blinds closed, the glare is horrific. If I could just cover a couple of these windows a little more, but also be able to look out when needed to see my pond.
My plan is to find some type of 16foot + length of solid PVC tubing...I hope, I hope... to go across this expanse. Above transom windows. On rings, so the panels slide easily. Remember these stationary balloon puff thingies from my TV room? Never put them back up.
They are bronze colored dupioni silk, and consist of 2 180" lengths, folded in half and made into stationary balloons. Now I've taken them apart, cut the 180" ft lengths in 2. I bought white lining material, plan to sew all together. I've got to find a long fringe, at least 5 " to attach to bottom of panels as I need more length to cover the transoms.
When finished, I should have a 90" wide panel at each end of above room. Each 90" panel will cover 2 windows. And block out a little more sunlight, I hope...I hope.. So for the past 3 years, I've been saying I need to do something to fix these problems. The time has come, I'm on a mission. Please give me any advice, thoughts, tips, or better ideas to fix these problems!
16 comments:
That fabric is so pretty! Good luck getting it all together. I'm sure it'll be beautiful when you're all finished. I wish I had more advice! Please show us your progress!
Will be gorgeous. You can find the fringe I am sure, and it will be so elegant. About the pvc - that is a great idea even if you have to join two pieces in the center. I am sure your hardware people can help you. I just redid draperies in my LR this summer. Honestly, I love being in the room so much since I redid... Good Luck!!
Let me know when you get caught up on MM. The last one of the season is this Sunday, so you don't have much to watch...
Yeeeesssss, you can talk about the "S" word. I promise to man-up from now on.
beautiful fabric-love it. you won't get any advice from me on window treatments..you wouldn't want it. I'm missing a gene there. Remember I was going to do our bedroom while Dr was in Iraq-still not done.
How exciting!! I LOVE that window over your sink!! Gorgeous! Can't wait to see them up, ex. fabric choice!
GodSpeed My Friend-Daph
This is not my speciality...if I had beautiful windows like that I may go the nester...she is just great with windows!!!
-Sandy toes
Just a suggestion, and I've never tried it, but I've been told it works....how about window film? That way, you keep your view...at least with the little window.
The trim on your kitchen window is gorgeous. I don't blame you for not wanting to cover it up. I'm NO help with window treatments. I still haven't decided about my master bathroom window. ha. The material is so beautiful. Everything you've suggested sounds lovely. Good luck!!!
BTW, I have something for you on my blog.:)
~Belle
I would just be lost! I wouldn't know what to do. I think the fabric is beautiful and wish you luck at getting them all hung up! I can't wait to see.
I gave you the BookWorm award. Check it out on my blog :)
Love the color of your fabric! Unfortunately I was not blessed with sewing abillity so I love watching what everyone else can come up with! I can't wait to see your finished project.
Have a great weekend,
Jen
I hope you're feeling better! Go sit down and get some rest. :)
Have a great weekend!
~Belle
Beautiful Fabric! Good luck. I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Just checking on you!!
Hope your curtains are coming and long and that your having a great week!!
Hello Lamp Tramp! (Hope it's OK to call you that.) I came over from the Nester's blog and had to check out your fabulous decorating ideas. I have been here for awhile and plan to keep visiting after I comment! Small question for you: where did you find your plastic molding that can be shaped around a window? I have a rather large and boring round mirror with a large and boring frame. I would love to liven it up with some molding but didn't know there was anything that could be shaped in a circle. The Home Depot man thought I was crazy when I asked him. :) If you perhaps have a minute to tell me more about what you referenced in this post, I would be ever so grateful. Thank you!
Carrie
Post a Comment