This is my first attempt to replace a POOPIE, I've got so many it's overwhelming. I decided to give the entire hutch a new look, ya know how one thing leads to another, and another...
So outside I'm taking the fake ivy and grapes out of their basket that they been in for many years.
Lo & behold I find the missing piece of a bracket that I've been searching for since we moved back home after Katrina...3+ years. I realized once I saw the oak leaves what happened. We hurriedly had to move every bit of salvageable STUFF out of this house while the house was open to workers rebuilding. Things got piled on top of each other. We lived at MIL's, all my STUFF, JUNK, and LAMPS took up every bit of space inside and in her garage. This basket was in her garage for all those months, oak leaves blew in that winter.
I'm so glad to find this. Now I can fix and find a new home for these brackets. If I could only find the 12 Waterford Linen place mats that disappeared. I think hubby threw them in trash heap. I'll never forgive him for that, they could have been cleaned.
So I threw some white paint on the hutch and a little red on the backboard, put away the pink & green plates. I bought 2 little curly-edge ferns. Trying to find the right container to keep them in so they'll be easy to water.
So outside I'm taking the fake ivy and grapes out of their basket that they been in for many years.
Lo & behold I find the missing piece of a bracket that I've been searching for since we moved back home after Katrina...3+ years. I realized once I saw the oak leaves what happened. We hurriedly had to move every bit of salvageable STUFF out of this house while the house was open to workers rebuilding. Things got piled on top of each other. We lived at MIL's, all my STUFF, JUNK, and LAMPS took up every bit of space inside and in her garage. This basket was in her garage for all those months, oak leaves blew in that winter.
I'm so glad to find this. Now I can fix and find a new home for these brackets. If I could only find the 12 Waterford Linen place mats that disappeared. I think hubby threw them in trash heap. I'll never forgive him for that, they could have been cleaned.
So I threw some white paint on the hutch and a little red on the backboard, put away the pink & green plates. I bought 2 little curly-edge ferns. Trying to find the right container to keep them in so they'll be easy to water. Below won't work: Ohh...this pic is so whiteish and bright....not what it really looks like...



11 comments:
Looks Good!!
I like what you did to the cabinet.
The red looks great in the kitchen! I love how this turned out and I also love finding long lost treasures :)
wheni move back to GA will you come do my house?!
THanks for the visit. Love the hutch white with the red ,it looks great. I do that move things from room to room.
wow! what a difference! I love the red. The cabinet really pops now. Nancy
I think it looks so pretty! You did a fabulous job on your re-do! The red definitely adds to the entire project!
Hope your have a fabulous week!
~Jen
I love when I find things that have been missing for such a long time. They usually are in the most unexpected places. :)
The cabinet is gorgeous! I love the red on the back. It looks so nice in your kitchen. Love it!
ShaZAM!!
What a great makeover! And what a nice surprise to find your missing piece! So glad you kept the shelves!
Nice work as usual!
What a beautiful room! I love the cabinet with the red background and the white plates.
I really LOVE the pop of red in the cabinet! Great job! The room is beautiful!
Post a Comment