Are you sick of these yet? I am about to be. This is prototype # 1 for the 6 dinning room chairs that I’ve been working on for, hhmmm….2 years maybe?
Maybe I should change my blog to SELF CONFESSED PROCRASTINATOR!
I’m on a roll, since I’m under a huge deadline….
I always get more accomplished on deadlines….
This is a tissue linen, very whispery! But ugh, I can see the tweaks I need to make. Nothing like a close-up pic to help me see mistakes!
Light weight linen makes it so easy to do these tiny pleats. I do these by hand, I’m about to buy a RUFFLER for my new sewing machine. Should make ruffles a breeze!
The monogram…..
The mess on the dinning room table….
One just about complete, minus some tweaks, 5 more to go of these…
the state of my dinning room…. a huge mess!
My deadline is a week, I’ve got to go on a trip, coming home just before Thanksgiving, when son and big black dog roll into town for the week. And I’ve got all those Christmas decorations to throw into place. Daughter, son-in-law get to leave Walter Reed for an extended Christmas break. This fact has me so motivated! I’m so thrilled that all my children will be home for Christmas, THAT IS ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!
14 comments:
What a wonderful Christmas present! I can understand why you are excited.
You have done a wonderful job on your house. I need to get motivated. If only the moving van had delivered me someone elses FABULOUS furniture! Now wouldn't that be fun?
Fran
Sandi: Those slips are to die for.
I'm so happy all your peeps will be home for Christmas, you couldn't ask for a better gift!
Judy
Your slipcovers are gorgeous! You are doing a fabulous job on them. It's so wonderful that all your chicks will be home for the holidays. That is the best present ever. :)
Your slipcovers are turning out beautiful! I love the linen and the monogram. Very impressive. :)
You have inspired me to make these for the summer. I am going to start dressing the house in white next summer. I need a ruffler for my machine too. And I am so happy that your children will be home for Christmas. What more could a mom want after the year you have had.
Cynthia
You know I never tire of these posts! I thrive on them. These look so lovely. I know what you mean about "all I want for Christmas" . . . ;-) me, too! xoxo
Your slipcovers look great. I'm like you, a deadline will really get me going.
How nice that all of your family will be home for Christmas! That is the best present ever!
I'm in awe! Beautiful.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You're slipcovers are beautiful! And I love the blue walls, and your crystal chandelier is so pretty! LOVE your dining room!
So excited for you that you get to have your family home for Christmas. What a great gift!
Hope you have a wonderful day! Beth.
I'm dying to try slipcovers - just haven't found the right chair! I don't know what I love more, the pleats, the buttons or the monogram. Simply beautiful
Looking good! I was just about to embark on the same project but just a seat slip for 4 of my antique dining room chairs. You've motivated me to just do it!
seriously....GORGEOUS
If only the moving van had delivered me someone elses FABULOUS furniture!
Make website india
I can't believe you made these! I scrolled down your blog after seeing them in your current post because I love them that much! They are so beautiful! You must be so pleased with how they turned out.
Post a Comment