For the last year I’ve been so disappointed with the supply of lettuces at my 2 local grocery stores. They look good in the bag, the date seems fine, but when I go to serve them up….YUCK. They are starting to wilt and go bad. Such a waste of money especially when I buy the organic lettuces.
So I’m attempting, for the first time, to grow winter lettuce in pots on my patio table. I can’t put them in them ground unless I build a fence around the perfect little plot of land for growing vegetables…HINT HINT! We have tons of deer roaming day and night eating whatever they please.
My ROMAINE & RED SAILS lettuces…..
So far, they are looking good and the deer have not ventured onto the patio.
5 comments:
I can see that you are doing all kinds of constructive projects. Makes me feel like a slackard! haha
Those look oh so yummy! Liz won a giveaway today! Yay for her. xoxoxo
Looks good! Yummy Christmas salads!
We've grown lettuce over the years and the difference in taste is staggering! Great project. Hope the deer don't discover this.
Your lettuce looks great. Think of the money that you'll save by growing your own and you'll know that it's not been sprayed with pesticides or been shipped from who knows where. I fight the deer, too. It's really frustrating to try to grow anything with them around.
Hope the deer don't discover this.
Work from home India
Post a Comment